#001 League Sensations & Young Guns (Framed Jersey Image on Page 13)

I received my Kata #001 today in the post.

I'm not sure if I am being overly picky, but I was pretty disappointed with it, especially as it is the most exiting card I have ever busted. It has smudging on the signature itself and a series of blue spots from the ink. It hasn't shown up in the photo too well, but it was noticeable as I removed from the packaging; I didn't have to go looking for it.

I am concerned that because I bought it from a group break, I have lost my rights to replacement as a 'third party.' If ESP asks me to take it up with the dealer they are not exactly able to re-stamp me a new card.

Would others be disappointed with this or am I being fussy? I wouldn't stress too much if it wasn't #001

kata1.jpg

I thought while everyone is bitching about ESP i guess i will tell my story about the Knights #001 card i received framed up with redemption card and jersey. 1st of all i received this item almost 4 months later than i was supposed to and after months of talking to Alex on the phone and via email i finally received my parcel in the post. This is where it all went down hill from here???? As i was opening up the framed like parcel i noticed that the original packaging had dents and rips all over it meaning either Australia Post or the orginal framer didnt give a s*** what was inside the shipping box???? Therefore as i pulled out the framed jersey the actual frame had marks and dents all over it and i wasn't happy at all but as i inspected further i then noticed that the actual #001 signature card had scratches all over the front of the card which then made me go crazy lol. I was then straight on the phone to Alex at ESP and he said to me that he would sort everything out Asap. I then jumped into my car straight away and dropped off the framed item to ESP's headquarters in Ulitmo and after talking to Alex once again he promised me i would hear back from him by the weeks end???? Yeah right, to cut a long story short another 3 months goes by and no framed jersey, no #001 signature card and no answers on how my item ended up the way i received it???? Oohhh, then months later the phone call i had been waiting for finally comes and Alex says to me that they can't fix the signature card and they are now in discussions with Darius Boyd to have him "resign" another card then "restamp" the card with #001 on it???? I said to Alex that this is bulls*** as months have gone by with nothing really fixed so he then offers me a "#000 sample signature card" instead of waiting for the #001 to be fixed and returned back to me???? Are you for real, i received a stuffed and damaged frame, stuffed and damaged #001 signature card and now Alex in return for all this is offering me a replacement "sample" card in which if i take up his offer i no longer receive the orginal #001 signature card???? Anyway i could go on all day but it was really the worst experience ever and even though i no longer have this item i hope that i never have to go through all this trouble again as it was painful at best.

PS i dont know if this means anything but the Knights #001 signature card was not the original 1st card that was hand signed by Darius but the actual last card hand signed. Does this hurt the value of this item now knowing that its not the original #001 signature card????
I thought Myknights craig kernahan. (banned user) owned this jersey and the card, he had already busted it open and was selling the jersey off separately, he had it up on ebay.
Am I wrong, it was only a few months back, maybe 6 months ago.

I'm not sure if I am being overly picky, but I was pretty disappointed with it, especially as it is the most exiting card I have ever busted. It has smudging on the signature itself and a series of blue spots from the ink. It hasn't shown up in the photo too well, but it was noticeable as I removed from the packaging; I didn't have to go looking for it.

I am concerned that because I bought it from a group break, I have lost my rights to replacement as a 'third party.' If ESP asks me to take it up with the dealer they are not exactly able to re-stamp me a new card.

Would others be disappointed with this or am I being fussy? I wouldn't stress too much if it wasn't #001

kata1.jpg

Sorry to see mate. Not good enough and no...you are not being picky.

kata1.jpg
I don't think your being picky at all. Their standard/QA is up to s--t. That should be replaced!

Another member pulled a Provan legends signature from a packet with a big black mark in the middle of the card. I could be wrong but I am fairly sure ESP refused to replace it

I thought Myknights craig kernahan. (banned user) owned this jersey and the card, he had already busted it open and was selling the jersey off separately, he had it up on ebay.
Am I wrong, it was only a few months back, maybe 6 months ago.
I think you will find from previous posts that NRL Fan had the Knights hoping to trade for Parker. Given the Parker never showed it was sold.

The blue sig pens are a abomination...
The dog panel is a bleeding abomination...

ESP are in the kerb kicking cans
totally agree with you Rob, when I jagged 1 the other day, I thought these look shit, cheap and nasty, like there was no thought to it.
They just went to the stationary cabinet and grabbed any texta and said this will do.

I'd have no real issue with the blue sig as such. Just the reaction the pen has with the panel it bleeds a bit.
Seems like they're trying to come up with new stuff every release instead of sticking with what works.
For mine, (and I've said it before) I'd like to have seen them stick with the 2013 sensations design for a few years - they looked great and it would be cool (it's not been done I believe) to have 10-12 sig cards of different years that all look the same for each team - like a legends set.

Its nice to have a bit of consistency! I know everyone hated the repetitiveness of the champions sets.... But the idea was a good one. Not so much in low end..... But definitely in higher end.

Again, I'm just devo about the loss of the league sensations. Even if they lowered the number to 80, that would have been a better idea than axing it altogether.

I like the jersey cards. They didn't have to be finals jerseys, they could have been any game worn, and the story would have been different if they had better players.

M

Back
Top Bottom