#001 League Sensations & Young Guns (Framed Jersey Image on Page 13)

- good luck with that...
I've found out first hand this week esp don't give a rats arse about their product or customers after it's left their hands...
Always been a big supporter of the product, but they're pricks like most bigger business...

Did they ever end up helping to get yours fixed or is that why the understandable rant?

Mine arrived today with a card displaced also so just wondering...

Not at all...
Yours may be a different story, Mine didn't come direct from ESP like it.
It was a manufacturing fault after being transported.

Totally changed my opinion on ESP.
They're a bunch of grubs and I can't wait until they no longer are manufacturing goods that I collect.

Not at all...

They're a bunch of grubs and I can't wait until they no longer are manufacturing goods that I collect.

Thought that was the case but wanted to double check.

I requested magnetic one touches and even sent my own in for the cards. Looks like one wasnt put togther correctly when the card was put in. So see how i go.

Cheers for the reply

Not at all...

Rob, cards arrived today, many thank's again.
And yes they don't give a rats arse, it's all about the money!
I have had damaged cards from select boxes and yet they still replace them 5 years after.
That to me is customer service and satisfaction.

Thought that was the case but wanted to double check.

I requested magnetic one touches and even sent my own in for the cards. Looks like one wasnt put togther correctly when the card was put in. So see how i go.

Cheers for the reply

Saw your Picture Rob, EXACTLY the same thing that happened to mine - Yours however, looks a fair bit worse than mine....
Wonder if it will get them to admit that mine was in fact faulty and their responsibility?

Rob, cards arrived today, many thank's again.
And yes they don't give a rats arse, it's all about the money!
I have had damaged cards from select boxes and yet they still replace them 5 years after.
That to me is customer service and satisfaction.

No Worries...
Auspost tells me you got it on Monday?

Saw your Picture Rob, EXACTLY the same thing that happened to mine - Yours however, looks a fair bit worse than mine....
Wonder if it will get them to admit that mine was in fact faulty and their responsibility?

Joys of Facebook lol.

Have been in contact with me already and will be repairing any damage to frame/cards etc

IMG_0795.JPG

So - The next development in the Liam Fulton 001 saga...
I took it back to the place I bought it (A Picture Frame Joint) and we pulled it apart.
Got the 001 card out (No damage - Thank god)

The Problem..... Whoever put these things together needs to be shot!!

They've used the dodgiest card holders known to man, They're plastic flimsy at best.
The bottom is hinged and when unscrewed they're sloppy as!!
They don't close together properly.... Just terrible really.
And they're glued to the foam backing board - There's no way you could get them off without destroying the foam.

Was left with the shotgun decision, Do I leave a 1/1 and a 001 card in these shitty holders for the same thing to happen again...
Obvious answer was No.
- I would have preferred to keep the jersey original, But as it was already cracked I bit the bullet.
I ducked down to officeworks (The only printshop open) and got a copy of each. I wasn't overly happy with the copies but it was the best I could do at the time.

So I have replaced the cards with copies, And to be honest - The Printer and I had a giggle.... You simply cant tell the difference!!
(The photo is in bad garage light and doesn't do it justice.)

My advice to the guys that have the other redeemed jerseys - Get the cards out.
There's been 10 redemptions and these crap card holders have already failed on 2 of them.
That's 2 too many for mine...

The card holders are just rubbish, My piece was more than 6 months old before the card fell out...
I couldn't possibly imagine how, But after cracking it open... It's quite easy to see.
Guessing the original framer has no card collecting history, I'd have thought upon redemption ESP would have put the cards in a decent screw down and send them off to the framer. - If ESP have supplied these 20c Screw downs, Well.... Just well....

Anyhow, Good luck with it guys... Mine cards are now safe and I'm happy with that.
Just thought after having mine opened up I'd let you know what's going on there.
Can't see myself EVER risking the cards in those holders again. - Not while they're mine.

Thanks to Terry and ESP for accepting no responsibility for their crap product, And for showing a very good supporter of their product how much we all "really" mean to them...
Bravo.

IMG_0795.JPG

So - The next development in the Liam Fulton 001 saga...
I took it back to the place I bought it (A Picture Frame Joint) and we pulled it apart.
Got the 001 card out (No damage - Thank god)

The Problem..... Whoever put these things together needs to be shot!!

They've used the dodgiest card holders known to man, They're plastic flimsy at best.
The bottom is hinged and when unscrewed they're sloppy as!!
They don't close together properly.... Just terrible really.
And they're glued to the foam backing board - There's no way you could get them off without destroying the foam.

Was left with the shotgun decision, Do I leave a 1/1 and a 001 card in these s***ty holders for the same thing to happen again...
Obvious answer was No.
- I would have preferred to keep the jersey original, But as it was already cracked I bit the bullet.
I ducked down to officeworks (The only printshop open) and got a copy of each. I wasn't overly happy with the copies but it was the best I could do at the time.

So I have replaced the cards with copies, And to be honest - The Printer and I had a giggle.... You simply cant tell the difference!!
(The photo is in bad garage light and doesn't do it justice.)

My advice to the guys that have the other redeemed jerseys - Get the cards out.
There's been 10 redemptions and these crap card holders have already failed on 2 of them.
That's 2 too many for mine...

The card holders are just rubbish, My piece was more than 6 months old before the card fell out...
I couldn't possibly imagine how, But after cracking it open... It's quite easy to see.
Guessing the original framer has no card collecting history, I'd have thought upon redemption ESP would have put the cards in a decent screw down and send them off to the framer. - If ESP have supplied these 20c Screw downs, Well.... Just well....

Anyhow, Good luck with it guys... Mine cards are now safe and I'm happy with that.
Just thought after having mine opened up I'd let you know what's going on there.
Can't see myself EVER risking the cards in those holders again. - Not while they're mine.

Thanks to Terry and ESP for accepting no responsibility for their crap product, And for showing a very good supporter of their product how much we all "really" mean to them...
Bravo.
So there are blokes that now see how much Esp care about there products and customers! absolutely stuff all !!! they are just there to fog a product for 5 years.

I thought while everyone is bitching about ESP i guess i will tell my story about the Knights #001 card i received framed up with redemption card and jersey. 1st of all i received this item almost 4 months later than i was supposed to and after months of talking to Alex on the phone and via email i finally received my parcel in the post. This is where it all went down hill from here???? As i was opening up the framed like parcel i noticed that the original packaging had dents and rips all over it meaning either Australia Post or the orginal framer didnt give a shit what was inside the shipping box???? Therefore as i pulled out the framed jersey the actual frame had marks and dents all over it and i wasn't happy at all but as i inspected further i then noticed that the actual #001 signature card had scratches all over the front of the card which then made me go crazy lol. I was then straight on the phone to Alex at ESP and he said to me that he would sort everything out Asap. I then jumped into my car straight away and dropped off the framed item to ESP's headquarters in Ulitmo and after talking to Alex once again he promised me i would hear back from him by the weeks end???? Yeah right, to cut a long story short another 3 months goes by and no framed jersey, no #001 signature card and no answers on how my item ended up the way i received it???? Oohhh, then months later the phone call i had been waiting for finally comes and Alex says to me that they can't fix the signature card and they are now in discussions with Darius Boyd to have him "resign" another card then "restamp" the card with #001 on it???? I said to Alex that this is bullshit as months have gone by with nothing really fixed so he then offers me a "#000 sample signature card" instead of waiting for the #001 to be fixed and returned back to me???? Are you for real, i received a stuffed and damaged frame, stuffed and damaged #001 signature card and now Alex in return for all this is offering me a replacement "sample" card in which if i take up his offer i no longer receive the orginal #001 signature card???? Anyway i could go on all day but it was really the worst experience ever and even though i no longer have this item i hope that i never have to go through all this trouble again as it was painful at best.

PS i dont know if this means anything but the Knights #001 signature card was not the original 1st card that was hand signed by Darius but the actual last card hand signed. Does this hurt the value of this item now knowing that its not the original #001 signature card????

Last edited:
The jerseys were a crud idea.

And 4 versions of the SAME card is even worse! Instead of screwing over 1 team fan..... You screwed them all!!

Now I'm planning how to get my FIFTY cowboys 2015 elite cards signed. :(

I thought while everyone is bitching about ESP i guess i will tell my story about the Knights #001 card i received framed up with redemption card and jersey. 1st of all i received this item almost 4 months later than i was supposed to and after months and months of talking to Alex on the phone and via email i finally received my parcel in the post. This is where it all went down hill from here???? As i was opening up the framed like parcel i noticed that the original packaging had dents and rips all over it meaning either Australia Post or the orginal framer didnt give a s*** what was inside the shipping box???? Therefore as i pulled out the framed jersey the actual frame had marks and dents all over it and i wasn't happy at all but as i inspected further i then noticed that the actual #001 signature card had scratches all over the front of the card which then made me go crazy lol. I was then straight on the phone to Alex at ESP and he said to me that he would sort everything out Asap. I then jumped into my car straight away and dropped off the framed item to ESP's headquarters in Ulitmo and after talking to Alex once again he promised me i would hear back from him by the weeks end???? Yeah right, to cut a long story short another 3 months goes by and no framed jersey, no #001 signature card and no answers on how my item ended up the way i received it???? Oohhh, then months later the phone call i had been waiting for finally comes and Alex says to me that they can't fix the signature card and they are now in discussions with Darius Boyd to have him "resign" another card then "restamp" the card with #001 on it???? I said to Alex that this is bulls*** as months have gone by with nothing really fixed so he then offers me a "#000 sample signature card" instead of waiting for the #001 to be fixed and returned back to me???? Are you for real, i received a stuffed and damaged frame, stuffed and damaged #001 signature card and now Alex in return for all this is offering me a replacement "sample" card in which if i take up his offer i no longer receive the orginal #001 signature card???? Anyway i could go on all day but it was really the worst experience ever and even though i no longer have this item i hope that i never have to go through all this trouble again as it was painful at best.

PS i dont know if this means anything but the Knights #001 signature card was not the original 1st card that was hand signed by Darius but the actual last card hand signed. Does this hurt the value of this item now knowing that its not the original #001 signature card????

That's terrible. As if it wasn't bad enough having a Darius Boyd signature card in the first place. :lol:

But truly terrible customer service. Makes me feel lucky just having got some damaged cards that they wouldn't reply about replacing, so I had to repurchase then. I got off light!

They only want to sell cards direct to distributors...
And then use the "you bought the card off a re-seller, so it's not our problem" of course I bought it off a reseller.... I can't go in and buy it off them!!

They only want to sell cards direct to distributors...
And then use the "you bought the card off a re-seller, so it's not our problem" of course I bought it off a reseller.... I can't go in and buy it off them!!
The sooner they loose the Nrl contract the better.

Its so funny that there were so many complaints against Select when they had the contract, now ESP have it and they seem to be getting more complaints!!
I never a had complaint with Select, they were ever so helpful and polite.
And 1 set of parallels, not like flogging a convict when they are down.
Give them a rest and improve your customer service, it may help somewhat.

I've never had an issue with the product - until this jersey.
Even then, I was in the mindset of "shit happens, let's get it sorted"
Unfortunately, they were in the "you are on your own buddy" mindset... Which I thought was ordinary.
In my game, when someone rings up and says they have an issue with something I've made. I assume they are correct until we can get to the bottom of it. I definately don't tell them to shove it, before I even know what the issue was...

EDIT: And even if I don't care - I pretend that I do. Not like big Tezza....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom