Things that piss me off

When you buy something off ebay, after comparing sellers, thinking you've checked everything and got your bases covered...

but you didn't check the handling time and they take 6 business days after payment before shipping (from Japan).

lol ok can't complain now.

Posted last Friday 13th, so only 5 days handling. Tracking notifications had it scheduled to deliver on the Wed 18th, but its arrived today. Sent DHL Express.

So all up it only took a week.

lol ok can't complain now.

Posted last Friday 13th, so only 5 days handling. Tracking notifications had it scheduled to deliver on the Wed 18th, but its arrived today. Sent DHL Express.

So all up it only took a week.

Yeah I had one come in the same time frame as that from Japan. Pretty good.
Slowest one I've had come in the last few years was from Germany. Was a big card too, biting my nails waiting for that one

Pedos not gettting the death sentence and the rich getting away with what ever they want becuse they have money.
I'm against the death sentence for all but those whose guilt can not be questioned. However, I'm for physically castrating pedophiles. Not medication. That seems like a logical thing to do in order to protect kids.

I have a story from the 1980's. I feel it got swept under the carpet by the media and not many people other than his victims and families know about it.

It involves someone who was dubbed Victoria's worst ever pedophile when he was convicted in 1990 and sentenced to 11 1/2 years with a 7 year minimum. It did headline the news but quickly faded.

The sentence was a joke given there were 200+ victims over 10 years. At the time of his arrest he was living in South Australia and was a foster parent abusing those under his care. I have it on good authority that his life was made an absolute misery in Pentridge. That bit I don't actually care about. It would have been better for everyone if he'd just been killed.

The kicker in all this is that after he was released - and I have no idea how long he served but presumably he was out before he'd even served 7 years - he was again able to become a foster parent as the authorities made a clerical error.

You won't find his trial on any data base not even under the acronyms they usually use for these types of cases R V ABC. It's not there. I assume it's because there were so many victims they would run out of acronyms. Or simply because the case involved so many victims. And those were just the ones who testified.

The public have a right to know where these people live. My theory is that there are a lot of pedophiles in the judiciary and welfare services. How else can you explain the lenient sentences and the protection they are afforded once they are released?

His name is/was Marcus Delacy and he destroyed many, many lives. If he's alive he'd be 61 years of age.

Last edited:
Bringing this topic back to cards... I used to collect UFC fighter Pat Barry. Transitioned from kickboxing, an undersized heavyweight with exciting fights, win or lose, and an entertaining character.

His girlfriend Rose Namajunas also became an notable MMA fighter, first through Invicta with her flying armbar win all the way to a UFC champion.

An MMA power couple if there ever was one.

Then I read the story of how they met. Rose had a rough upbringing, a child of Lithuanian refugees, a father with schizophrenia that died while she was still young, separated from her family and the victim sexual abuse.

Pat met Rose at Duke Roufus' gym, where she started training after high school. Pat was 27, Rose was 14. He called it love at first sight.

This account was part of an interview that Pat Barry has since disputed, "taken out of context", but not by much. In another interview, when Rose was 22, he claimed they'd been dating for 4 or 5 years, while she said it was only 2-3. Barry has since refused to answer any more questions on the topic.

So while they are still together today, the whole story was a red flag. An adult man had groomed a very vulnerable, traumatized teenager. She has never known any other relationship.

I stopped collecting Pat Barry cards after that. His career was pretty much over by that point though.

Yeah, it wasn't what I was expecting to write at 10.30 in the morning. Probably could have just acknowledged OP's post and left it that.

In response to yours that sounds very much like Roman Polanski....but in all sorts of ways much worse.

Most father's would flip if they knew a 17 year old kid was interested in their 14 year old daughter. However, a 27 year old would 99.9999% of the time get badly beaten up - and rightly so.

P.S. When I heard the Wander Franco business I took down all my listings of him. None of the cards had more than $5-$10 in value but their true value was now zero imo.

Last edited:
79 days. Grade with PSA through COMC? You have to be an idiot.
I probably should get some glasses. I just noticed that when I click on my item for grading it says 12 week turnaround. Pretty sure that wasn't there to start with but may have been there last time I looked. Saves me looking for a few weeks.

Although they should not still be calling it a 45 day turnaround service when the time is currently double that. Bit naughty I reckon.

Probably been said numerous times but it bears repeating.

Base sets that aren't divisible by 9.
Insert sets of 10 also annoying.

That triggers the ocd. A 15 card subset is ok as it just leaves 3 pockets open on the second page but a 10 card one forces you to either have one pocket filled on sheet 2 sheet or put the next subset in pocket two. Or spot 4. No good choices.