1X hobby of 2022 Bowman

I was just reacting to you. It's far from over as he doesn't turn 20 until Feb next year but you'd want him to really get comfortable at High A and a promotion to AA before he turns 21.

You've still got all of next year. If he's still so so in High A at the end of next season then it might be over.

He's looking pretty ordinary. At least you bought in low. It's going to take quite the turn around. I suspect his prices will drop further between now and the run up to next season. Needs to get off to a flyer next year or it might be all over. That blaster I was going to give you as a spotter's fee looks very much in doubt. Mercifully I got out of the numbered ones early. Just have 8 base autos which can be put in the pile of my other failed/almost failed prospects. Adael Amador was the last good one. I've mostly lost since then.

I'm going right of the Bowman prospecting game - and even Bowman itself. Wax is stupidly expensive, the good hits are probably not even available to mugs like us as they are already siphoned off, and the chances of turning a profit are incredibly hard. It's not worth the risk anymore.

It was fun pre-covid and so much easier. Not so much now.

I think I said at the time you were breaking one of the golden rules of prospecting - no Mexico prospects. Dominican Republic produces a ton of prospects. Mexico for some reason hardly any in relation to its size. And the Mexican baseball league is considered a very decent league - just below Japan and S.Korea.

It's weird. They should produce way more. And then there's the Mendoza Line.

Back
Top Bottom