Who's watching the game 2nyt/in the morning?

MMM... damn my nails are getting chewed big time...
AND SOME1 SHOOT THAT CROA:lol: T COACH !!!

Yeah, I think we've out-played them so far, a lot more chances and attacking possession. Kalac looks a little shaky at times, but it's all good ATM... I thought Viduka had a case for a penalty a few times being held back in the box, but we got even so not complaining... At least the Croatians don't seem to be diving, so credit to them. C'mon boys, lets close it out now!

Damn....now that was a game worth getting up early for.....no thanks to that idiot goaly of ours who donsnt deserve a game against italy !!

They said his hight advantage would help...dont see how guss could give him a shot next time based on this performance...but then any1 can have a bad game i guess

You Beauty! Go the Socceroos!!!!

Schwarzer didn't start because Guus thought that Kalac would be better than Schwarzer against the high ball ....no doubt Schwarzer will be back next game.

Bring on the Italians!!!

Cheers
Matt

Ive never been a follower of these types of games...afl,soccer nrl etc but even i jumped of the couch a few times with this 1...BRILLIANT !!

I think part of the reason for Kalac playing was he's of Croatian descent, so possibly Guus thought thought he'd have a big game against them, and at least wanted to give him an opportunity to do so... He did have a bit of a shocker, but the penalty kick I'm not sure anyone could've saved. But the goal was pretty soft, and he had a few other spills, so I don't think he'll get another run in the Cup, but it was a nice gesture from Guus. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't even have come to that, with the uncalled blatant handball by the Croatian, and the supposed "goalie-clash" goal, which I thought was over the line before contact was made... But as Rasic said, no time for recriminations now, "GO, THE SOCCEROOS!!!" :D

Another thing, what was up with Simunic getting 3 yellows in the match??? How was that not picked up??? [-X What was he thinking? "Hmmm, if I'm quiet and stay on, maybe the ref won't notice..." Well, it seemed to work! Did he even go off after the third, or did he just walk to the corner away from the ref and stay on???

I should be able to hook people up with dvds.... pm for details...

go AUSSIES, wow wat a game, i was on the edge of my lounge for the whole 2nd half, i though we were dead in the water until harry the legend scores, but wat about the simunic guy who got 3 yellows????? how could the ref not have picked that up, not to mention that guy who virtually tackled viduka in the penalty box AND that really obvious hand ball, phew so happy we are through to the next round , how cool is that!!!! :)

WE ARE GOING TO THE SHIP hehe ;)
the equation is Italy and 4 games to World Cup Glory. Take it a game at a time and we have a massive task ahead of us against the azzuri.
Cath summed up all the bad calls, that ref is going to get flamed big time!
Very sloppy job by that pom ref and we should of had 1 or 2 more on the board with penalty shots.
That bresciano cross that was headed to Kewell by Aloisi was brilliant. And what a finish that was :D

Great game, that had me on my edge of my seat and butterflies in my stomache for the last 10 minutes.

Schwarzer will be goalie againt Italy and with Emerton out it will be intersting to what formation gus goes with. Kennedy and Bresciano were great for us when they came on..

I cant believe it!

I took today off work, had planned to hit the piss with my mates all night and watch the game, but figured id need some sleep...I didnt set my alarm right, and work up with 10 mins to go!

and that last 10 mins was the craziest 10 mins ever...so many cards! the ref had a shocker...I still dont know why it wasnt 3-2...coz we scored in the end?

axeman23 said:
Another thing, what was up with Simunic getting 3 yellows in the match??? How was that not picked up??? [-X What was he thinking? "Hmmm, if I'm quiet and stay on, maybe the ref won't notice..." Well, it seemed to work! Did he even go off after the third, or did he just walk to the corner away from the ref and stay on???

Yeah when he got the 3rd yellow it was when he pulled down kennedy and we played on a tapped it in. When the ref blew the foul, I think he just realised Simunic was still on. So he blew full time. Thats why the other goal didn't count as it was after fulltime.

FIFA are solid and will punish the useless pommy barsted. You willn't be seeing him refin' any more in this WC.

Back
Top Bottom