Panini parallel rarities

Dodgydave

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David Dawkins
I tend to be completely clueless when it comes to Panini and can never figure out not only what their various parallels are but also the relative rarities of them.

Obviously some are serial numbered, but many aren't. Am I correct in believing that some non-serial numbered parallels may be more elusive than some serial numbered offerings?

This question applies to all their releases.

I feel like I once found a website outlining this, but can not track it down now.

Any input from those members clued up in the modern world of Panini would be much appreciated!

Depending on the set, yeah, some non numbered parallels are rarer than some of the numbered ones. It all depends on the product though. I know the zebra in select is roughly equal in rarity /value to a parallel /25. Ditto with the old white sparkles out of prizm and genesis out of mosaic.

Thanks for that.

Do you (or anyone) know if there is any form of list for the various brands?

I find pricing to vary wildly on them and have no idea which prices are reasonable or not.

Thanks for that. I have been looking on cardboardconnection but did not know the order they listed non-serial numbered parallels was consistent with rarity, so that is useful information to have.

I will check out checklistcenter as well. I had not heard of that one.

Depending on the set, yeah, some non numbered parallels are rarer than some of the numbered ones. It all depends on the product though. I know the zebra in select is roughly equal in rarity /value to a parallel /25. Ditto with the old white sparkles out of prizm and genesis out of mosaic.

I thought Mosaic Genesis were printed in the hundreds the first year, and presumably even more after that??

Nope. Mosaic genesis never had an actual print run.
Yeah for sure, that's why it's all speculative about how many there is.

But if we take a fairly "must grade" card like this Lebron PSA 9, there's currently 32 9s and 75 10s graded by PSA, plus around 50 graded by BGS, plus however many are graded by others or still raw out there. So I don't think it's unreasonable to assume a print run of at least 200 for first year Genesis.

353444940.jpg

Yeah for sure, that's why it's all speculative about how many there is.

But if we take a fairly "must grade" card like this Lebron PSA 9, there's currently 32 9s and 75 10s graded by PSA, plus around 50 graded by BGS, plus however many are graded by others or still raw out there. So I don't think it's unreasonable to assume a print run of at least 200 for first year Genesis.

353444940.jpg
It's like when fleer did the stars insert in 1997-98 ultra. They had no definitive print run but the golds (also with no print run) were only 10% of all made. Precisely how many were made? Ditto with platinum medallion that year - no print but - according to fleer - less than 200. 199 is less then 200.

Mosaic Genesis defintely at least 200.

Still a terrific set.

OP it's really hard to know some print runs as they are labelled as SSP or case hit.

Galactics for example have been worked out to be roughly /15 from the early years.

Back
Top Bottom