I can smell a 4 peat.

saintsforever

OzCardTrader
Feedback - 100%
68   0   0
Well didn't the panthers mean business, they really took the brown paper baggers with a Cain, wave after wave of relentless attack, and defence was awesome.
Watch out if they win another title, the price of panthers cards will be outrageous

Panthers last game vs sharks, sharks we’re pathetic all over the park watching it you wouldn’t have thought it was a win and into grand final game, yes Penrith played with there usual intensity but I thought we’re far from impressive, but yes Penrith will give Melbourne a full 80 min game and as such are always a big chance of repeat. Cards increasing in value? I have a mate that deals in memorabilia and he has said that its harder selling when one team keeps winning he’s hoping Melbourne wins and I think same Melbourne. Plus don’t want Penrith creeping closer to Dragons 11 pear!! Card wise I don’t think it makes much difference otherwise dragons cards during 11 peat Go Dragons!! There cards ain’t priceless, it’s the same here with Rookie cards it doesn’t really matter like it does in USA market and games, NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, etc, etc.

Cards will just keep increasing in value as long as there in Condition that’s the main factor, as most collectors that have these cards aren’t parting with them, sometimes some nice cards come into market but seriously most nrl cards on eBay mostly are not those cards and the prices people want is crazy but yes they can sell for whatever nps with that free world, Covid was a double edged sword for card collecting, prices boomed for sellers, but now people who brought cards/sets and reselling think they all have these priceless sets and prices are just wrong. Big value jumps are in folders as this is same as cards real collectors that have them are keeping them not selling, myself included, i also have heaps of near mint cards/spares and I don’t sell as they keep increasing in value, I do trade whenever possible card for card of same years to hence have spares always to trade with.

Plus current sets are so money focused it’s crazy super limited chase cards that people again want ridiculous prices, yes they can sell for what they want agreed and we are all different so no right or wrong way to collect, This is my last year buying NRL cards I’m just gunna work on getting all other sets full to best I can and enjoy the sets in original folders plus looks awesome all in nice display. I also have a very nice non sport/movie cards. Card collecting is an awesome hobby can be expensive also addictive. My son doesn’t seem interested but they will all be his as I’m not selling enjoy pulling folders out looking through old sets and players I grew up with, I was 80s kid and footy then was awesome, sevens, midweek cup games etc, the club challenge now is one of the better ideas, not shall we need Papuan New Guinea team yet, it’s surpossed to be NRL national game, so yes bears/wa coming into comp where’s other states also, a NT called the crocodiles would be awesome, had the Adelaide rams? Need another SA team, make it a true national competition first, New Zealand warriors are nearly a extension of Australia anyway.

Getting bit off track, card collecting is great my missus doesn’t understand, but she also doesn’t like or know why I like horror movies, it’s entertainment plus research, what she doesn’t know is to survive zombies you only have to outrun the slowest person, etc, etc, lol. The chase for cards of condition filling out a set or chase card subset etc.finding folders etc, meeting and chatting and also I never stop learning about cards also, everybody knows something that nobody else might know etc, meeting some really nice people also is always interesting the stories etc. cheers all.

Panthers last game vs sharks, sharks we’re pathetic all over the park watching it you wouldn’t have thought it was a win and into grand final game, yes Penrith played with there usual intensity but I thought we’re far from impressive, but yes Penrith will give Melbourne a full 80 min game and as such are always a big chance of repeat. Cards increasing in value? I have a mate that deals in memorabilia and he has said that its harder selling when one team keeps winning he’s hoping Melbourne wins and I think same Melbourne. Plus don’t want Penrith creeping closer to Dragons 11 pear!! Card wise I don’t think it makes much difference otherwise dragons cards during 11 peat Go Dragons!! There cards ain’t priceless, it’s the same here with Rookie cards it doesn’t really matter like it does in USA market and games, NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, etc, etc.

Cards will just keep increasing in value as long as there in Condition that’s the main factor, as most collectors that have these cards aren’t parting with them, sometimes some nice cards come into market but seriously most nrl cards on eBay mostly are not those cards and the prices people want is crazy but yes they can sell for whatever nps with that free world, Covid was a double edged sword for card collecting, prices boomed for sellers, but now people who brought cards/sets and reselling think they all have these priceless sets and prices are just wrong. Big value jumps are in folders as this is same as cards real collectors that have them are keeping them not selling, myself included, i also have heaps of near mint cards/spares and I don’t sell as they keep increasing in value, I do trade whenever possible card for card of same years to hence have spares always to trade with.

Plus current sets are so money focused it’s crazy super limited chase cards that people again want ridiculous prices, yes they can sell for what they want agreed and we are all different so no right or wrong way to collect, This is my last year buying NRL cards I’m just gunna work on getting all other sets full to best I can and enjoy the sets in original folders plus looks awesome all in nice display. I also have a very nice non sport/movie cards. Card collecting is an awesome hobby can be expensive also addictive. My son doesn’t seem interested but they will all be his as I’m not selling enjoy pulling folders out looking through old sets and players I grew up with, I was 80s kid and footy then was awesome, sevens, midweek cup games etc, the club challenge now is one of the better ideas, not shall we need Papuan New Guinea team yet, it’s surpossed to be NRL national game, so yes bears/wa coming into comp where’s other states also, a NT called the crocodiles would be awesome, had the Adelaide rams? Need another SA team, make it a true national competition first, New Zealand warriors are nearly a extension of Australia anyway.

Getting bit off track, card collecting is great my missus doesn’t understand, but she also doesn’t like or know why I like horror movies, it’s entertainment plus research, what she doesn’t know is to survive zombies you only have to outrun the slowest person, etc, etc, lol. The chase for cards of condition filling out a set or chase card subset etc.finding folders etc, meeting and chatting and also I never stop learning about cards also, everybody knows something that nobody else might know etc, meeting some really nice people also is always interesting the stories etc. cheers all.
I trust my nose, its a 4 peat officially.

Penrith deserved their win, but they’re losing a couple players which won’t help, the game is going backwards, the bunker keeps making blatant game changing errors which we can all see!! Refs want to be everybody’s friends when there supposed to be hated lol. Plus one week refs penalize for something and next game they don’t the amount of play the balls that were incorrect goes unreffed, walking off the mark past the marker and there was no penalty, head high tackles aren’t consistent and sin bins aren’t also, im losing interested, this year is last that I buy nrl cards, just gunna work on finishing touches to what I have n upgrades where needed etc.

Plus we are supposed to be NRL national comp, why do we need papua new guinea team plus 600mil of of dollars towards it! Where is that money going as NRL pays the salary caps of each team, some people are going to have some extra cash to play with!! Yes Bears coming back finally but what about other states, we had the western reds, gone, the Adeliade rams, gone. There’s couple other teams also. Bring in a NT team call them the crocodiles or something that would be great. It’s amazing all of a sudden we need this mass explosion of teams after the years of forced mergers, wests/tigers…… northern eagles was manly n bears but that didn’t last long. St George/Illawarra.

Bring back Newtown also would be great still remember their epic grand final with parra. What we need is like the English premier league, relegate the bottom 1 or 2 teams n promote the winner of NSW cup comp and maybe runners up, start really making these players earn there 1mil a year+ some get and truely we all see they don’t perform like how many players today really deserve that? Plus NRL will never be national game AFL get more people to a single game in regular season then we get to sometimes a whole round of footy and semis don’t compare 100k for AFL, 25k for NRL and that was in a 50k stadium, sharks vs cowboys. Ye bulldogs game was bigger but AFL games are always mass crowds, it’s funny watching NRL games and commentators get excited sating there is 21, 364 people here and AFL game commentators say yes crowd is 87, 472 where is the comparison lol.

Not just NRL, refs and bunker destroying game, the card collecting now is just so much money focused, super limited chase cards that people are just pricing out of reach or I just don’t find it worth that much etc. I’m happy with what I have n holes to fill here n there to be involved but my most enjoyment is pulling out folders n sets and discussing the past players n games etc as when we where kids and remember playing tips( keep throwing cards till one card touches n win all cards on ground)and flights, closet to wall won all cards having your pile for that and then your swaps piles, checklists worth a one foe one checklist swap or at least worth 2 cards depends on player. I don’t know if cards are allowed at school anymore. The number of wax wrappers we opened and threw away nooooooo lol. If we only knew and having enough bubble gum to last a week was cool.

why do we need papua new guinea team plus 600mil of of dollars towards it!

The $600m is part of a 10 year program, with only $290m going directly to the club:

Under the proposed deal, the federal government would allocate $60 million upfront as a licence fee for the new team, to be distributed among the 17 existing NRL clubs – offering $3.5 million per club to offset financial concerns regarding the expansion. The remaining $540 million investment would be split, with $290 million supporting the team’s operations over the next decade and $250 million directed toward education, infrastructure, and social welfare programs in Papua New Guinea, reflecting the government’s commitment to regional development beyond rugby league. Once the 10-year funding agreement concludes, the PNG team will need to financial support itself.

(fwiw since 2019 Australia has given PNG $2.5B in loans to help repair their finances and reform their economy. PNG is brimming with resources; gold, copper, oil and gas; which China and Taiwan have been waging a cold war over for decades)

sudden we need this mass explosion of teams

More teams = more games = richer TV deal. I still vividly remember V'landys, cap in hand, forlornly begging the Federal Government to bailout the NRL during COVID, only weeks after crowing about the league earning a $30m profit.

The media landscape has changed, free to air is on life support and even Foxtel is endangered (hence their pivot to Kayo and Binge). On-demand streaming services are the new 800 pound gorilla, and US backed providers have a lot more money to play with. It wont be long before the likes of Netflix, Amazon or Paramount start throwing their hat in the ring to secure the AFL and NRL broadcast deals. Another reason why they're so keen on these trips to Vegas.

PNG is the only nation on the planet where Rugby League is the National sport. Bless'em.

I'd rather have them in the comp than Perth or Adelaide. The game is not big enough in WA, and SA is much smaller. Adelaide would never have had a team were it not for the SL war. I went to the Reds first ever game and it was a shame they got axed but I think the NRL got it right in focusing on consolidating in the heartlands of league after the SL split. They should continue to do that.

Back
Top Bottom