COMC delivery

Hornso

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Sam
eBay User
hornso43
Got surprised when one of my COMC packages got delivered yesterday. Got a whole bunch of cards towards chases, but here's the Autos/Immac game worn that got delivered:
IMG_0892.jpeg
IMG_0893.jpeg
IMG_0894.jpeg

Very cool.

I always enjoy you maildays as they make me think about players I have forgot even played for the Pistons.

Plus it is not every day you get someone appreciating a Don Adams auto or a really sweet Mason Plumlee patch.

Very cool.

I always enjoy you maildays as they make me think about players I have forgot even played for the Pistons.

Plus it is not every day you get someone appreciating a Don Adams auto or a really sweet Mason Plumlee patch.
Thanks mate, I really appreciate it 😊

Couple of cracking patches in that lot mate, but as a Psitons why woudl you want to remind yourself of the Josh Smith debarcle? heh heh

Couple of cracking patches in that lot mate, but as a Psitons why woudl you want to remind yourself of the Josh Smith debarcle? heh heh
Great point. Downside of a collection like mine, collecting guys you didn’t like. At least it means his stuff is cheap 🤣

Great point. Downside of a collection like mine, collecting guys you didn’t like. At least it means his stuff is cheap 🤣
Not hating on J-Smoove, I actually have a fair bit of his stuff from his Hawks days (former dunk champ) - including my one and only game used jersey (it's huge). Just didn;t end up going well with the Pistons - killed hsi career and set the Pistons back too.

...and then there's public enemy number one - Zaza Pachulia! Godo to see the random names pop up though.

Not hating on J-Smoove, I actually have a fair bit of his stuff from his Hawks days (former dunk champ) - including my one and only game used jersey (it's huge). Just didn;t end up going well with the Pistons - killed hsi career and set the Pistons back too.

...and then there's public enemy number one - Zaza Pachulia! Godo to see the random names pop up though.

Not to get too depressing for Hornso and other Pistons fans but wasn't the Blake Griffin "experience" more depressing than Josh Smith?

Amongst other players Griffin cost Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley and the draft pick that became Miles Bridges. They got one All Star season of .500 ball then ate the remaining 3 years of a 170mill contract before waiving him. No superstars, but three competent starters.

Smith was "only" a 50mill free agent waste. Though it is embarrassing to waive you big FA signing 1.5 years into a 4 year contract...

Not to get too depressing for Hornso and other Pistons fans but wasn't the Blake Griffin "experience" more depressing than Josh Smith?

Amongst other players Griffin cost Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley and the draft pick that became Miles Bridges. They got one All Star season of .500 ball then ate the remaining 3 years of a 170mill contract before waiving him. No superstars, but three competent starters.

Smith was "only" a 50mill free agent waste. Though it is embarrassing to waive you big FA signing 1.5 years into a 4 year contract...
Too depressing? We just reeled off a 28 game losing streak! If we are talking Blake Griffin and Josh Smith we are talking the glory days of the past 15 years 🤣

Too depressing? We just reeled off a 28 game losing streak! If we are talking Blake Griffin and Josh Smith we are talking the glory days of the past 15 years 🤣

Sad, but too true.

How are your feelings about the current crop of Pistons? Cunningham and Duran keepers?, Thompson and Ivey as well?

Sad, but too true.

How are your feelings about the current crop of Pistons? Cunningham and Duran keepers?, Thompson and Ivey as well?
You make a fair point though. I said to a mate the Griffin trade was terrible at the time. SVG trying to save his job.
Has led to us being where we are.

Out of the current crop, Cunningham is the definite keeper. My worries are injuries and T/Os but the latter aren’t helped by roster construction and coaching. If he played with floor spacers I’m sure he’d be a lot more highly respected.
Thompson I’m high on. Freak athlete, stud defender for his age. Needs to develop his shot.
I think they’ll trade one, if not both, of Duren and Ivey this offseason. If I was to guess I’d say definitely Ivey.

What do you think they would trade Ivey (or Duren) for?

Hard to think what they would get back that would be more helpful long term.

What do you think they would trade Ivey (or Duren) for?

Hard to think what they would get back that would be more helpful long term.
Great question. I think Ivey and Duren will turn out to be at least good NBA players but I also think the the franchise is under pressure to improve fast.
From what I hear they might not get much back atm, inc this years first round pick so maybe they hang tough.
We have no free agent appeal and a tonne of cap space so I believe the plan is to trade for a sidekick for Cade.
Tobias Harris is also likely to be on his way apparently.

…but will the front office remain intact?

I hope they don't make any drastic "win-now" moves.

Get some cheap shooting certainly, but I think they still need to find out if Cunningham/Ivey can work as a backcourt. Thompson becoming a better shooter seems imperative, otherwise playing him and Duren becomes difficult, especially if they continue to insist on playing Stewart big minutes.

Front office decision making is... interesting... so I guess anything could happen.

I hope they don't make any drastic "win-now" moves.

Get some cheap shooting certainly, but I think they still need to find out if Cunningham/Ivey can work as a backcourt. Thompson becoming a better shooter seems imperative, otherwise playing him and Duren becomes difficult, especially if they continue to insist on playing Stewart big minutes.

Front office decision making is... interesting... so I guess anything could happen.
To be honest, front office and coaching staff could be emptied and there couldn’t be any complaints.

Thanks for taking an interest 😊

Back
Top Bottom