BGS Grading International Shipping

BinSimmons

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Stuart
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with submitting cards directly to BGS themselves and could shed some light on the return international shipping query I have:

The FAQ on Becketts site states that the customer is responsible for any import charges/taxes & that’s as much as they say on the matter, I’m wondering if you submit a card & insure it do they use that amount for when they return it or do they mark it as a return?

I just don’t want to get slugged with a huge import fees/taxes and I want to submit the card myself to take advantage of their current promo where you get priority level + Zion case for $100USD so don’t want to use a third party

Stuart,

There is a gamble that you must take... One, list the value of the card at Beckett 8 grade, so if you have a Lebron base card that you see selling on ebay at an 8, use that price in AUD. The bottom line is, you need to make sure your under $1000.00 AUD in value not to have to head down to the AP and pay customs fees.

You might have to split your order. To be honest, Beckett charges way too much for grading and that will also go into your costs. Is THAT card or cards worth having graded where if you sell it will give you a financial windfall. Look at all the cards being graded over the years, in my eyes, almost 65% should have never went for grading to sell. A Beckett or PSA for under the grading costs plus the postage both ways and insurance is a very big net loss.

If its a PC card you love and just want to keep it clean, send it to the Aussie graders. No import fees and less outlay for your card. The truth about grading, its a huge gamble and the house always wins. That is why there are so many 8's and 9's and not the 9.5 and wanted 10. Even PSA or Beckett 10's for the cards produced today are not worth the gamble. You need to look what people are buying HOT and what they are willing to pay premium for that card. Most of the time, you can get the card graded for the same price you sell it raw. I mean 10 dollars to me is the same price.

This is just my brain waves and has nothing to do with how anyone decides to spend their money. Either way, hopefully this gave you something to think about.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom