2024 Elite NRL Official Thread

Nathan Cleary Black Diamond Mojo sold on eBay for $2k last night, insane.

Interesting that the seller had a number of auctions that closed that were won by bidders who had 85%< bidding activity with them.

In the case of the Cleary the winner was 100% bidding activity with that seller.

Someone could be trying to manipulate the market, shill bid or someone is targeting this seller with high bids and no intention to actually pay.

Here is the bid history on the Cleary:

Winning Bidder (380 Feedback) - 100% bidding activity with this seller
2nd (245 Feedback) - 42% bidding activity with this seller (max bid to try and beat everybody up to that price?)
3rd (181 Feedback) - 33% bidding activity with this seller
4th (470 Feedback) - 87% bidding activity with this seller

There were 2 other auctions I was watching, one a jersey patch (non signed version) of Jarome Luai that went for $235 with the winner having 86% bidding activity with the seller.

Another was a Liam Martin Black LS (#19/45) - sold for $325 with the winning bidder having 94% bidding activity with the seller.

Some interesting bidding........

was just looking at this trying to get BD comps. insane behaviour, not even the #1 too. was at $670 before the game on thursday too

I saw that card on ebay
Nathan Cleary Black Diamond Mojo sold on eBay for $2k last night, insane
Are those the ones out of /5 ?

I think I saw the auction when it was at $800 and thought what's going on. I don't know the NRL market that well but I know all about parallels.

2K is a massive overpay imo. It's manufactured scarcity and he's going to have those exact same cards (exact imo anyway) in another 7 or 8 releases or whenever he decides to retire. There's an auction currently that has his 2017 Traders facimila auto SAS signature series Gold /500. That's at $200 currently and in the long run may be a more valuable card than the black mojo. Full disclosure I own one of those.

Also, is dual auto with pops is going for $800. That's not a steal, but imo ten times better value than a non-auto card that has manufactured scarcity.

P.S. If the auction was fully legit and the buyer happy that's all that matters but it seems like a lot of money.

If its a legit sale and the buyer is happy, good luck to them and you are right....id rather have a dual Ivan/Nathan auto than an unsigned parallel card.

The dual autos can also be had for a lot less than $800 as well!

Shill bidding is rampant in the American sports. It would suck if that happened in NRL.

If its a legit sale and the buyer is happy, good luck to them and you are right....id rather have a dual Ivan/Nathan auto than an unsigned parallel card.

The dual autos can also be had for a lot less than $800 as well!
Licensed autos are king imo. A lot lot less than $800 sounds good. I wonder how many were produced?

Yeah, that doesn't look that great. The $800 bid looks legit at least

Anyone else think there was a missed opportunity on the reflections? The gold and priority could have easily been different memories...

Anyone else think there was a missed opportunity on the reflections? The gold and priority could have easily been different memories...
I think I would rather die than chase a priority-exclusive Reflection. I agree that they could've done more, but the priority Reflections replace the base ones iirc so there's almost no chance they'd make it anything but a parallel.
Quite frankly I like this subset with numbered parallels. Gives you a chance to get the base ones or go for a higher-end one and I think it's a subset that team collectors can universally appreciate

It does indeed.

I was had with my first ever ebay auction courtesy of a PWCC run auction. It was in September 2018. I ended up paying $190USD for a 2017 Mitch Trubisky( 'Maserati Mitch') base Prizm auto in PSA10. At the time I was unaware of all the BS that went on in the hobby, especially PWCC's role in it all ( they eventually got kicked off ebay for shill bidding).Two days after I won that auction a Mitch Trubisky 2017 Prizm auto Blue Wave /150 PSA10 went for $130 through another seller. When you are stacking PSA10's of the same card up against each other and the one numbered to /150 goes for 30% less in the same week it's not just raised eyebrow time but guilty as charged time.

I contacted PWCC, called them out, and got a cock and bull story about how many eyeballs were on their auctions and that their marketing added at least a 25% premium. All lies. As confirmed by ebay who punted them a few years later. Pricks.

With the Indigenous all stars card in the Inglis set this year I wonder if it's possible to do a player from outside Australia like Benji Marshall as a Masters series with Club/NZ/All Stars or Maori All Stars as the signatures? He's probably the only one with enough All Stars games to make it work but it definitely gives them another option

My various boxes of Elite are starting to arrive.

All up i bought:
1 box
6 boxes
One case
3 boxes

So theres 20 boxes spread between 4 cases.

Ive opened the one box by itself and scored a Jordan Rapana Black Diamond Mojo 3/5 so stoked with that, not sure what I’ll do with it yet.

Will post results tomorrow and as they happen.