2024 AFL Grandfinal

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Feedback - 100%
1   0   0
I'll be viewing tomorrows GF through the lens of a VFL diehard.

This was the first set of footy cards I ever collected and the as it turns out the last time there would be a South Melbourne team card. I think in 1982 they were just called the Swans.

Go South!!!!

IMG_2048.jpeg

Kai Lohmann deserves all the plaudits that come his way. Dynamic and energetic when the going was tough. Well done Brisbane 2024 premiers.
Another historical coming from behind victory from 5th.

The Swans were terrible. Brisbane on the other hand were unreal. Who could've predicted that result after Swans kicked the first two? That was an absolute demolition job - by a much better team. I thought Collingwood deserved the flag last year but Brisbane could easily have won and they would've been worthy winners.

I thought Brisbane would be more likely to go better this year than Collingwood given their list and I'm kicking myself for not getting on at 14-1 just as they started putting a few wins together.

P.S. Felt a bit sad for ole mate Stewy Maxfield who would've presented the cup had the Swans won. We weren't friends but I grew up in the same street as him and he was a year below me at primary school.. I'd always say hello to him if I saw him . Absolute gun as a junior. I'm pretty sure he played in the 1989 under 19's GF for Richmond against North Melbourne as a 17 year old ( edit: he did and got BOG). You can see the footage on youtube as there is an all in brawl in the opening 5 seconds.

View: https://youtu.be/mS6tQdRtpGU?si=dcWBhkT3vS78pWe_

Last edited:
The Swans were terrible. Brisbane on the other hand were unreal. Who could've predicted that result after Swans kicked the first two? That was an absolute demolition job - by a much better team. I thought Collingwood deserved the flag last year but Brisbane could easily have won and they would've been worthy winners.

I thought Brisbane would be more likely to go better this year than Collingwood given their list and I'm kicking myself for not getting on at 14-1 just as they started putting a few wins together.

P.S. Felt a bit sad for ole mate Stewy Maxfield who would've presented the cup had the Swans won. We weren't friends but I grew up in the same street as him and he was a year below me at primary school.. I'd always say hello to him if I saw him . Absolute gun as a junior. I'm pretty sure he played in the 1989 under 19's GF for Richmond against North Melbourne as a 17 year old ( edit: he did and got BOG). You can see the footage on youtube as there is an all in brawl in the opening 5 seconds.

View: https://youtu.be/mS6tQdRtpGU?si=dcWBhkT3vS78pWe_
bloody love maxfield
was a gun for a period of time.

Back
Top Bottom