Who's watching the game 2nyt/in the morning?

Great game (except for the Ref). I picked a draw in my tips and at the TAB and was elated Harry finally scored !

Go Aussies

A very exciting game and I'm glad we came out on top.

I actually slept earlier than I thought and woke up earlier than I thought I would. So I actually watched the Ghana Vs. US match as well and the last 20 minutes of the Czech / Italy game.

Anyway, can anyone refresh my memory of how Simunic got his first yellow? I know his send-off was quite controversial but to be honest, I can't remember how he got his first yellow.

In regards to the ref, I've always thought Graham or Graeme Poll was a solid, consistent ref because he refs many Arsenal games in the past. IMO, I think he is actually one of the top refs that I respect coming from England and I thought he was going to give Australia justice when I found out he is going to ref this game. However, he did miss some important calls, including the second hand-ball in the penalty area. That dude should've got his marching order for two intentional hand-balls. It is laughable that he acts like he didn't do anything wrong for the two incidents. But then again, you guys saw how hectic it was in the last 10 minutes. That may be the only logical reason why he forgotten about Simunic being already on a yellow (if he was).

Cheers~

loved the game! Pity it wasn't show in NZ... had to watch it live on the net - not the same though! But I did jump up and down on the couch as well :) Ah lets forget about the ref - lets think about how to cover Emerton and beat the italians...

Ah yes. Never mind. I just read the match review in details and now remembered the first yellow.

Damn aye, Poll missed many calls indeed but some of those ridiculed missed calls such as the rugby tackling on Viduka etc have to lies on the judgement of the linesmans as well. It is not entirely Poll's decision for some of those uncalled fouls.

Simunic should've been more of a honest man though and be a man and walk off the field. :mad: I don't like his style of play (Simunic).

Cheers~

henkita217 said:
In regards to the ref, I've always thought Graham or Graeme Poll was a solid, consistent ref because he refs many Arsenal games in the past. IMO, I think he is actually one of the top refs that I respect coming from England and I thought he was going to give Australia justice when I found out he is going to ref this game. However, he did miss some important calls, including the second hand-ball in the penalty area. That dude should've got his marching order for two intentional hand-balls. It is laughable that he acts like he didn't do anything wrong for the two incidents. But then again, you guys saw how hectic it was in the last 10 minutes. That may be the only logical reason why he forgotten about Simunic being already on a yellow (if he was).

Cheers~

My thoughts exactly but I guess he had a shocker like Spider. Either that or he was just trying to get back at us, for our future win the Ashes this year.

Simunic was born in Sydney, you'd think he'd be more honest.[-X

Go Aussies what a game, was worth waking up for :) .

The keeper will never play for Australia again. He is hopeless, but apart from that well done boys!!

Now for Italy :).

No Brett Emerton also will be a huge loss for us. Hope we see more of Josh Kennedy.

what a game. it had everything to it. goals, no goals, sending offs, sending offs that werent.

but bring on the italians. marco should start if they play him in the middle

Back
Top Bottom