graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
It has come to my attention that a few members have been plugging/posting this website on other forums.

PLEASE STOP DOING THIS.

All it does is bring mostly idiots from those other forums to ours, which we have worked so hard to keep a high standard on from Day 1.

If you have members on these other forums that you wish to invite, please invite them privately. DO NOT POST THE LINK TO OZCARDS ON OTHER FORUMS.

If members persist in posting links to our site on other forums, you risk losing your membership here. You have been warned.

Thanks
Graham
Admin - OzCardTrader

I think to promote Ozcards within Australia to collectors/buyers of cards is ok. These people are already involved in the hobby and will probably benefit from coming here to learn more and expand their collections.

Promoting this site on other non card collecting/NBA sites is not ok. This can bring some undesirables.

This post is in response to a few posts made on Beckett. If you find an Aussie collector, tell them about the site via PM or email. Don't broadcast the site on Beckett otherwise we will end up with all of their idiots.

I'm not really sorry if this sounds elitist, or picky. This is a great place with a huge amount of trust between members. Overall, one of the best communities i've ever been involved with. I don't want to see the quality of this place drop to the point where some of our members stop coming back because of the idiots.

Strongly agree! The thing I dislike the most (there isn't much) about our forum is uneccesary advertising for the exact reasons Graham noted. In fact I can't actually think of anything else I dislike about this forum. :)

Sure we gain many more new members by posting on these forums.
But i think we all agree weve had our fair share of idiots here latly.
We cant keep them all out ,but we can reduce the numbers greatly by inviting individuals...
Brilliant idea,,,,:D

if Ive had a good deal with someone on ebay, I normally drop em an email saying if you're after a place to get cards you need, try ozcardtrader but yeah mass marketing never really works

What sort of advertising on the forum are your referring to? Im not having a go, I'm just curious

I'm talking about other forums, and maybe that the kickz101 wasn't such a good idea. Yeah we got some decent members from it, but we may have also got some troublemakers. The intentions were good, but the world is full of idiots!

I fully agree and understand where you're coming from Graham.

I do admit that I've referred 3-4 members to this site whom is a member of Beckett's forum. However, I did not do this for any intentional reason to disturb the peace on this site. I brought them to this site because they were quite a dedicated collectors that I know from quite a while whom are looking to expand their collections by keeping their eyes open for any possible trades etc and also to make new friendships upon other collectors.

In saying that, I do not advertise and offer a free boat trip to get illegal immigrants from Beckett to this site.

Cheers~

And I still keep getting emails from Anthonypoweranthony about coming back.

And most emails have a spell check built in and I still can't understand them ;-)

^ Chad, is that true that Anthonypoweranthony knows Magicman personally, like he claime to be?

Ill clarify - no posting the link on Beckett. If there are some good members on Beckett, invite them over.

With Ebay, feel free to proote the site in your listings. We want more Aussie collectors. Notice I said collectors. If they are checking out your card auctions, then obviously they are interested in cards. I was talking more about kickz and other NBA sites where we get the undesirables.

Dont worry about my threats. Please continue to enjoy this place, and invite people who fit in with the honest trader who enjoy collecting! Its not all about the number of members we have. I think it's far important to have quality.

chadjaja® said:
And I still keep getting emails from Anthonypoweranthony about coming back.

And most emails have a spell check built in and I still can't understand them ;-)

chad that is funny man, its not often i laugh out loud when i read something on the forum but thats funny.

Thanks G-unit. Figured it was OK to do this with eBay. I mean, Billy invited me here because of eBay, and I know some of the members of the old site joined as they saw the link in my eBay auctions. So, was just seeking clarification and hope most of us keep this in mind when listing eBay auctions to also help grow this site. How cool would it be for all our auctions to contain a link to this forum.

Back
Top Bottom