Player in Focus cards 2023

Perfect shot on Getty Images for TLA to grab......

1678364158228.png

Maybe they didn't have a decent photo of him, compared to a hooker who gets plenty of clear touches with the ball (and had a great game).
I know from taking snaps of my kids' teams, getting good shots of everyone is bloody hard!All the shots of him would've looked like
Any shots of him may have looked a bit too aggressive.... given the sanitisation of the modern game. They should've had a photo of him where he was trying to interfere in the Brandon Smith play the ball. That was funny.

Any shots of him may have looked a bit too aggressive.... given the sanitisation of the modern game. They should've had a photo of him where he was trying to interfere in the Brandon Smith play the ball. That was funny.
Hahahahahahaha spoken like a true Rooster supporter. I picked the Roosters myself, but the Dolphins somehow were the better team by far all over the park

Only a very brave tipster would've backed the Dolphins. I think most folks were probably thinking that a close match would be a great result for the Dolphins.

For the record I'm a Souths supporter with a soft spot for all Sydney based clubs - especially the Roosters since they along with Souths are the only two clubs left intact from the 1908 season.

If I could wave a magic wand I would have Norths and Newtown back and disband the mergers. The game is in a great spot right now but it's sad what happened to get it here. Also, I'm very happy that the NRL - unlike the AFL - have kept some local suburban grounds rather them moving all the teams to just two stadiums like they have done in Melbourne.

I digressed there but feeling up and about now that the new season is here. I think the Storm might edge Penrith this year with Eels and Souths in the top 4. Manly Roosters, Sharks and Broncos round out the 8.

Only a very brave tipster would've backed the Dolphins. I think most folks were probably thinking that a close match would be a great result for the Dolphins.

For the record I'm a Souths supporter with a soft spot for all Sydney based clubs - especially the Roosters since they along with Souths are the only two clubs left intact from the 1908 season.

If I could wave a magic wand I would have Norths and Newtown back and disband the mergers. The game is in a great spot right now but it's sad what happened to get it here. Also, I'm very happy that the NRL - unlike the AFL - have kept some local suburban grounds rather them moving all the teams to just two stadiums like they have done in Melbourne.

I digressed there but feeling up and about now that the new season is here. I think the Storm might edge Penrith this year with Eels and Souths in the top 4. Manly Roosters, Sharks and Broncos round out the 8.
Surely no one tipped the 'Phins".

I also support all the Sydney teams, except Sharks, Bulldogs, Parra, West Tigers, Manly, Roosters and Souths, but seriously it is the history and the tribalism of the local clubs, local grounds that is the essence of rugby league for me.

We could debate the Souths intact from 1908 ;)

I have pretty much the same Top 8 just not sure who drops out for the Dragons.

Cheers
Ross

There's no debate. They were kicked out, fought it and were reinstated. It's the same club for mine but it's an interesting point. Maybe not quite 100% intact. They did get a two year mauling.

Last edited:
After this weekend my top 8 is not looking as good as it was round 1, lol. I'm throwing the Dolphins in.

Also, after watching the Tigers and Knights play if Rugby league is not the greatest sport in the world I'll eat my hat. I thought the 2 point field goal looked good for a second and extra time was coming. It's been an unbelievable start to the year. Great stuff!

Surely no one tipped the 'Phins".

I also support all the Sydney teams, except Sharks, Bulldogs, Parra, West Tigers, Manly, Roosters and Souths, but seriously it is the history and the tribalism of the local clubs, local grounds that is the essence of rugby league for me.

We could debate the Souths intact from 1908 ;)

I have pretty much the same Top 8 just not sure who drops out for the Dragons.

Cheers
Ross
You got your one win for the year up Ross. I actually tipped the little brothers , thought surely they win at home after a extra week off haha

It’s Turbo this week.

Anyone having trouble ordering? Mine keeps saying ‘we don’t ship to this address’.

DD9532F2-CB27-4AAC-A088-03221AE44AEA.jpeg

Reactions: DMC
I was there the second the page went live and went to order my usual 2 because it was Manly (and Turbo).

I got the same message and just assumed that because I am in WA the ESRL no longer ships over here (first time I've tried to order this year).

I contacted them and sent them an e-mail, not rude but pretty blunt.

Reactions: DMC
Response from TLA:

We are aware of the issue preventing all customers from purchasing this week’s In Focus card.

This is a temporary tech issue that will be addressed and we will go live again at 12 tomorrow.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards
TLA

I was there the second the page went live and went to order my usual 2 because it was Manly (and Turbo).

I got the same message and just assumed that because I am in WA the ESRL no longer ships over here (first time I've tried to order this year).

I contacted them and sent them an e-mail, not rude but pretty blunt.

It wouldn't surprise me, they stopped shipping to NZ, which I find inexplicable when they are producing cards for a New Zealand team . Not that the Warriors get cards like these...

Last edited:
I can't understand refusing to ship anywhere, just factor the cost in ffs. I'm sure, if you ever want any of these cards, you could send them to one of us and get them sent on...

Back
Top Bottom