FA Cup Final

lockymac said:
Great call henkita with Gerrard scoring a wonder goal
How good is Stevie Gerrard
He would have to be one of the best Captains in Sport today. Inspirational stuff!
Go you reds!

Huuuuuge Call from Henkita Huuuuuuge !!!

Nice work champ ;)

Gerrard - WOW two sensational goals.....England could be in with a chance in the World cup if he plays like that.

Richo said:
Huuuuuge Call from Henkita Huuuuuuge !!!

Nice work champ ;)

Gerrard - WOW two sensational goals.....England could be in with a chance in the World cup if he plays like that.

Huuuuuge Call from Richo Huuuuuuge !!!

England - World Cup Look out :)

No Chance i think knocked out in quarters :)

what a game. Gerrards goal in last minute best f.a cup final goal ever seen. he is a legend to take control of the game all by himself. west ham vs Gerrard and gerrard won. some great saves by reyna in shootout.

it's pretty heart racing being a red's fan they way they go down a few goals then fight back late in games. uefa cup now f.a cup. i suppose it shows they have big hearts. gerrard especialy.

my house is like a morgue today, not a bunch of happy campers, which kind of puts a damper on mothers day, but oh well just bad timing. awful penalties by the hammers, they rushed them and were pretty weak strikes :(

still the underdogs pushed the unanimous favourites to penalties, thats a bloody great effort, would have been nice for teddy sheringham to go out on a high, hes been a true legend of british football.

West Ham were lucky, then very unlucky JZA. Would have been nice for him, but Teddy has had his happy days with the mighty red devils :) I feel more sorry for the other irons who may never get that close to any game like that again.

Sportsmanship - The practice or skill of a sportsman; fair-mindedness

That's the meaning of the word champ, nothing about feeling sorry for the other team ?!? Now if I was to say "Sucked In" West Ham or something along those lines it could be considered "unsportsmanlike" but simply saying i don't feel sorry for them does not even get close. So I don't see how sporsmanship has got anything to do with it......please explain your point........if you can (lol).

no need for the english lesson champ. i meant that west ham were extreme underdogs and still almost pulled out a miraculous victory which deserves a lot of respect in my book. plus they had a legend of british football in teddy sheringham who is due to retire very soon and it would have been nice to see him go out on a high note. in my book you gotta respect an opponent that tried very hard and played skilfully and fairly in the right spirit of the game the whole match... i mean for a smallish team like the hammers (whose salaries would have been substantially dwarfed by a powerhouse like liverpool) to go all the way to penalties in an FA cup final, you cant get closer than that. every single one of the would be utterly crushed by that kind of a loss, i just thought that was a little insensitive and childish to say you dont feel sorry for any of them.

fair mindedness to me means being able to empathise with the loser, gloating about a win like that doesnt show good sportsmanship, just my opinion, its cool if you dont agree. :D

Where was the gloating ??? where did I say I didn't respect them ???

You may not have needed and English lesson but you need to either read properly or not read into what people write without first asking what they mean because all I said was I didn't feel sorry for them. Feeling sorry for them certainly was not gloating it simply meant just that - I don't feel sorry for them !!!

When I lose a game as a team player or as individual I certainly don't want people to feel sorry for me, I want people to feel that I did well and feel good for me because I did so well getting to where I did - That's why I don't feel sorry for them !!!

Richo said:
Where was the gloating ??? where did I say I didn't respect them ???

You may not have needed and English lesson but you need to either read properly or not read into what people write without first asking what they mean because all I said was I didn't feel sorry for them. Feeling sorry for them certainly was not gloating it simply meant just that - I don't feel sorry for them !!!

When I lose a game as a team player or as individual I certainly don't want people to feel sorry for me, I want people to feel that I did well and feel good for me because I did so well getting to where I did - That's why I don't feel sorry for them !!!

forgive me if i misconstrued "i dont feel sorry for any of em...GO REDS!!!" as a congratulatory message to west ham for getting so close, it didnt sound like that at all.

Back
Top Bottom