Curry a Knick finally

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
I really hope he hasn't ignored doctors instructions and played on. Nobody would want that at all. Bloody saga is over and the court will answer the questions of whether it was a good move. Just another big contracto for the knicks that may turn out to be a an albatross. But thats nothing new. Zeke was a great player but as a Pres is out of his depth.

CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Practicing again for the first time in nearly seven months, new New York Knicks center Eddy Curry insists he will be ready for the season opener.

Eddy Curry
Eddy Curry grabs the ball Friday, during his first practice with the Knicks in Charleston, S.C.

The Knicks acquired the 22-year-old Curry from the Chicago Bulls earlier this week, more than six months after he had an irregular heartbeat that caused him to miss the final 13 games of last season and the playoffs.

He was back on the basketball court Saturday, working out with the team for the second time since being cleared to play a day earlier.

"I'm ready," Curry said. "It was a little bit of a scare and a rocky summer, but the time to take stuff for granted is over. There's some relief but the journey's not over. I've got to live up to the trade and the expectations."

After two practices, Curry looks to be in better shape than his new teammates and coaches expected.

"He looks quick on his feet like normal," point guard Stephon Marbury said. "I think for him it's just getting a feel for a new organization and team."

Despite missing the first three days of camp, coach Larry Brown doesn't believe Curry has fallen behind in learning the new system.

"We haven't really put a lot in," Brown said. "Our staff is just trying to teach guys how to play basketball. We're not thinking about putting in set plays especially defenses and stuff like that. I want us to work on basketball skills on offense and defense and just teach."

Curry is also looking forward to playing before his new fans.

"New York fans love basketball," he said. "Anytime you don't give 100 percent, the fans will let you know and I just want to live up to expectations."

Veteran forward Antonio Davis, acquired along with Curry, has yet to report to camp. However, Brown fully expects the 37-year-old Davis, whose mother-in-law is ill, to join the team.

"He's a little concerned about his mother-in-law," Brown said. "Hopefully, he'll be back in the next day or so."

The Knicks open the season Nov. 2 at Boston.

Interesting aticle on the trade and views on the complications.
Isiah's Folly: Why Curry trade makes little sense for NY - NBA - ESPN

Back
Top Bottom