1X hobby of 2022 Bowman

I found your guy. I've looked at him before. I just had to do a process of deduction going through 2022 Bowman Chrome.

I've thought about him before but his BA is pretty bad even though he is in A ball. I think he's worth a punt for sure. I probably would just buy a couple of autos but at that price why not have a crack? He only needs one good season in the minors to cash in

Last edited:
I now have three base autos and one refractor auto. I was $2 short of a purple ref auto. It's always nice to have another player to track. I'll shout you blaster if he does 10X, haha.

I love looking through the milb box scores to see who's doing what. The thread by Jaypers on BO is excellent too. Unfortunately I've been banned 3 times from there, the last time 18 months ago and I can't be bothered going again so I just look at it every now and then. BO's loss is Ozcardtraders gain...ahem.😀

The Japers thread is handy for pitching prospects as they normally just mention HR's for batters. milb gives you the full picture of what a batting prospect is doing.

P.S I've also got my eyes on a pitcher from the same club. Only 19 and in A ball. Stats are not great as yet( ERA of 6. something) but he's more expensive than his stats show and I have a feeling that is due to his potential upside. His 1stBowman cards are in 2022 Bowman.

I now have three base autos and one refractor auto. I was $2 short of a purple ref auto. It's always nice to have another player to track. I'll shout you blaster if he does 10X, haha.

I love looking through the milb box scores to see who's doing what. The thread by Jaypers on BO is excellent too. Unfortunately I've been banned 3 times from there, the last time 18 months ago and I can't be bothered going again so I just look at it every now and then. BO's loss is Ozcardtraders gain...ahem.😀

The Japers thread is handy for pitching prospects as they normally just mention HR's for batters. milb gives you the full picture of what a batting prospect is doing.

P.S I've also got my eyes on a pitcher from the same club. Only 19 and in A ball. Stats are not great as yet( ERA of 6. something) but he's more expensive than his stats show and I have a feeling that is due to his potential upside. His 1stBowman cards are in 2022 Bowman.
At least with a pitcher, you'll be paying nothing. Probably buy the rainbow for under 500 ;)

Box 2. Should have kept it sealed. No Elly or Chourio base Chrome. Crazy. I love Bowman but it’s a brutal rip.

494158A8-0775-4767-AC47-FFECD4300A6E.jpeg

Pretty awful. Though I pulled the absolute worst auto with my first hobby box - Roberto Dominguez base auto. He’s an international pitching prospect with the Mets who hasn’t played for nearly two years. Card is worth less than $5.

A very poor return from 3 hobby and 1 HTA.

Best auto was the Mayer insert which is approx $100 on a good day.

If I had the money I’d do a case as you’d get at least 1 or two decent colour autos but it’s too much for me.

Again, smart play is to sit on it. Only 2021 Bowman has been a flop since 2018. Every other Bowman has gone up - especially 2019 with Franco and JRod.

This would be a decent hold at the right price but you have to wait for 2-3 years. I can’t do that.

Pretty awful. Though I pulled the absolute worst auto with my first hobby box - Roberto Dominguez base auto. He’s an international pitching prospect with the Mets who hasn’t played for nearly two years. Card is worth less than $5.

A very poor return from 3 hobby and 1 HTA.

Best auto was the Mayer insert which is approx $100 on a good day.

If I had the money I’d do a case as you’d get at least 1 or two decent colour autos but it’s too much for me.

Again, smart play is to sit on it. Only 2021 Bowman has been a flop since 2018. Every other Bowman has gone up - especially 2019 with Franco and JRod.

This would be a decent hold at the right price but you have to wait for 2-3 years. I can’t do that.
Jumbos and Super jumbos the only way to go.

I like HTA boxes as well.

My HTA box was putrid. Watson insert auto( sold for $120AUD), pitching refractor auto of Hidalgo($10) and Vaughn base auto($5). No decent non auto colour.The box cost was $900. An absolute blood bath.

In fact 2022 Bowman has treated me like dirt. Worst run of boxes ever. Auto Checklist for 2018 Bowman was 43 prospect autos. 2022 has 100~ or so. And way more insert autos. 😕

Best box I ripped of Bowman was a 2018 Bowman HTA.
Andres Gimenez red shimmer auto /5
Luis Robert base auto (redemption)
Corbin Burnes base auto.

Also got a Sky Blue /499 Ohtani RC in that box.

Also got skunked with a few HTA boxes but that box was big.

Saving grace with this is that I put the 150 card chrome set together plus all the inserts.
At least there’s that.

And Hopefully I can jag a few prospects to cover the ripping costs.
Go Inland Empire and Spokane!

Loved Bowman since I got back into the hobby. Bowman first, then Draft, then Crome. The three are my favourite baseball products - but especially Bowman. Unlike some, I really like the 100 card rookies and vet paper set. Chrome is all chrome and Draft only has 1stBowman cards of draftees, not international prospects.

P.S. Nice work picking up some more RV

64E95A5F-0143-4BE8-871E-488AA8F7ADBA.jpeg

Loved Bowman since I got back into the hobby. Bowman first, then Draft, then Crome. The three are my favourite baseball products - but especially Bowman. Unlike some, I really like the 100 card rookies and vet paper set. Chrome is all chrome and Draft only has 1stBowman cards of draftees, not international prospects.

Nice work picking up some more RV

Mlb Postseason Baseball GIF by MLB

Good stuff. Normally I would not target a guy with that stat line. However, his age is a huge appeal but you're still betting on him figuring it out. I snagged a purple auto RV on comc last night! He's cheap and it's not terrible given that he's 18 in Low A. Hopefully he has a strong finish to the year.

I hit a nice-ish card in 2021 Bowman Chrome - a Cristian Santana Yellow Ref auto /75. I graded it and got a PSA10. His raw base auto was still selling for $40USD-$60USD but I accepted $240USD for my yellow/75 PSA10. The guy has showed nothing other than an ability to hit homers. He's a highly paid Tigers international prospect. His average has never been above .200. This year, which is his age 19 season, he's batting .100 in Low A.

Even though I sold well under comps at the time ( you have to if you want to sell into the US on ebay), it's looking like the right move. His base autos are now down to $15. There's no way he gets promoted at this rate so he will be 20 years and 5 months next year and still in Low A.

Good stuff. Normally I would not target a guy with that stat line. However, his age is a huge appeal but you're still betting on him figuring it out. I snagged a purple auto RV on comc last night! He's cheap and it's not terrible given that he's 18 in Low A. Hopefully he has a strong finish to the year.

I hit a nice-ish card in 2021 Bowman Chrome - a Cristian Santana Yellow Ref auto /75. I graded it and got a PSA10. His raw base auto was still selling for $40USD-$60USD but I accepted $240USD for my yellow/75 PSA10. The guy has showed nothing other than an ability to hit homers. He's a highly paid Tigers international prospect. His average has never been above .200. This year, which is his age 19 season, he's batting .100 in Low A.

Even though I sold well under comps at the time ( you have to if you want to sell into the US on ebay), it's looking like the right move. His base autos are now down to $15. There's no way he gets promoted at this rate so he will be 20 years and 5 months next year and still in Low A.

In in this situation with Luis Rodriguez. Could have sold his Orange for huge amounts when I hit it.

Now he was on the verge of getting dumped from Low A and I was willing to accept base auto prices just to get it gone.

Now he's back, on a heater hitting like a madman and could move up in future if he figues it out. I might not be totally done for yet

FIRST HOME RUN OF THE YEAR BABY WE ARE IN PLAY!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom