state of origin - NRL

cliffy21 said:
What is the latest on Gasnier's contract waggles?
I think he let the offer expire so it is a no go!

It is a shame that QLD lost but since we didnt play for the first 50 minutes it wasnt a bad result!! Oh and if King didnt score off a huge forward pass it would have been a QLD victory as well!!

Gasnier had asked to extended the deadline multiple times for him to sign up with the NSW Waratahs. The last time he asked for an extention with the Waratahs they said no and the contract deadine expired. They did however leave the door open to him to contact them, but the Waratahs said they would now concentrate on other options. Thats the last I had heard.

Cheers
Matt

I just wanna say (as a Queenslander living in Victoria)....how DUMB its going to be having Game 3 in Melbourne.........i mean i have nothing against the Melbourne Storm being in the NRL....but the State of Origin should ALWAYS be in NSW and QLD where it belongs.........who ever thought about putting it in another state should be sacked......seriously......besides Victoria is more about AFL anyway.......now fans from QLD andddd NSW have to buy a bloody plane ticket/accommodation together just to go see their team......who ever thought about this is stupid lol....by far 1 of the stupidest ideas in Rugby League history

mickimouse24 said:
I just wanna say (as a Queenslander living in Victoria)....how DUMB its going to be having Game 3 in Melbourne.........i mean i have nothing against the Melbourne Storm being in the NRL....but the State of Origin should ALWAYS be in NSW and QLD where it belongs.........who ever thought about putting it in another state should be sacked......seriously......besides Victoria is more about AFL anyway.......now fans from QLD andddd NSW have to buy a bloody plane ticket/accommodation together just to go see their team......who ever thought about this is stupid lol....by far 1 of the stupidest ideas in Rugby League history
Agreed....they had 70000 people at the game last night and they will have 50000 in brisbane. I reckon they will only get about 15000 in melbourne!!!

OMG! that is the first I have heard of game 3 being in Melbourne! I am shocked! 99% ppl would want the game in either NSW or QLD unfortunately the 1% pea brains work in NRL ;)

I heard this morning that the Melbourne game is almost sold out.

If I were a betting man I would put my money on a 1 all series result going into game 3, with the Melbourne being the deciding game.

Cheers
Matt

do you guys think its time for an actual series?....like a best of 5.....like i think its silly if your 2 games up........the other team plays game 3 for pride rather "getting back into the series"..cause the series is already over lol..its just an extra 2 games.....then play the game 5 in Melbourne lol cause there wont be home ground advantage for the final showdown

Well I think they should always have the third game on neutral territory.

Home ground advantage is pretty big for these types of games

mickimouse24 said:
do you guys think its time for an actual series?....like a best of 5.....like i think its silly if your 2 games up........the other team plays game 3 for pride rather "getting back into the series"..cause the series is already over lol..its just an extra 2 games.....then play the game 5 in Melbourne lol cause there wont be home ground advantage for the final showdown
I dont think the clubs will be too happy losing their star players for 5 weeks. 3 is already bad enough for some of them - their results go down the toilet when their big guns are missing.

They still play season games in between Origin games don't they?....i think they do....so they wont be missing

The players picked for Origin dont play for their club side the weekend prior to the game. The NRL does try and give sides that have a majority of players in the origin sides that will most likely have players missing (Broncos as an example) the Bye the week before the origin games. Last weekend 3 sides had a Bye.

The players can if fit, play for their club sides the weekend after the Origin game.

Cheers
Matt

The players miss the games before the origin match, so the origin players didnt play last weekend (except Finch!!! :D)

twentysomething said:
The players picked for Origin dont play for their club side the weekend prior to the game. The NRL does try and give sides that have a majority of players in the origin sides that will most likely have players missing (Broncos as an example) the Bye the week before the origin games. Last weekend 3 sides had a Bye.

The players can if fit, play for their club sides the weekend after the Origin game.

Cheers
Matt
The worst part for team like the broncos/cowboys/bulldogs is that the player are expected to back up 3 days later!! Imagine the fowards going through what they went through last night and then having to play Friday night football!! Would be tough!

DVS said:
It is a shame that QLD lost but since we didnt play for the first 50 minutes it wasnt a bad result!! Oh and if King didnt score off a huge forward pass it would have been a QLD victory as well!!

exactly right benny!! we outscored them 16-3 in the second half!! they were just lucky that the 3 refs on the field totally missed that massive forward pass to king!!

Back
Top Bottom