Predictors Gold Sets

Yep completely agree........I am just still struggling to understand why people think they should be entitled to more that what was promised in return of the 16 predictors?
Like I said Im not going to engage with you on this.

I need to add that I don’t expect anything more back from TLA/ESP. Just a 9 card set that is of value to a set limited to /20 and finished off nicely.

I work closely to the print industry and I tell you right now I could reproduce these cards within a week with the contacts I have and quite cheaply too.

There is nothing limited to them. Not even a hologram sticker. Not even a foil stamp. Not even a nice card or board stock. My business card is about 4 times the thickness and of a much better premium quality.

Easy for people to say we got what was promised (when you don’t have these cards in hand) and yes we did. However it is of a substandard quality, No attention to detail, poor finish (no foil stamp (numbering) no hologram sticker etc etc.

They have printed these the wrong grain direction (they are flimsy). I just compared the /20 card to a FOTG game card from 2017 Traders and the FOTG card is sturdier.

These have been rushed with no attention to detail. Like I said above I could reproduce these cards in less then 2 weeks within a normal production environment.

Again just my 2 cents and again I don’t need anything. Just customer service and a product showing its quality of being limited. So again to those without seeing one in hand are probably not in the best position to make an accurate judgement on how I recieved my cards and how my experience with TLA/ESP was.

I’m just an unhappy collector of footy cards we all love collecting.

:cry:
Shaun

I need to add that I don’t expect anything more back from TLA/ESP. Just a 9 card set that is of value to a set limited to /20 and finished off nicely.

I work closely to the print industry and I tell you right now I could reproduce these cards within a week with the contacts I have and quite cheaply too.

There is nothing limited to them. Not even a hologram sticker. Not even a foil stamp. Not even a nice card or board stock. My business card is about 4 times the thickness and of a much better premium quality.

Easy for people to say we got what was promised (when you don’t have these cards in hand) and yes we did. However it is of a substandard quality, No attention to detail, poor finish (no foil stamp (numbering) no hologram sticker etc etc.

They have printed these the wrong grain direction (they are flimsy). I just compared the /20 card to a FOTG game card from 2017 Traders and the FOTG card is sturdier.

These have been rushed with no attention to detail. Like I said above I could reproduce these cards in less then 2 weeks within a normal production environment.

Again just my 2 cents and again I don’t need anything. Just customer service and a product showing its quality of being limited. So again to those without seeing one in hand are probably not in the best position to make an accurate judgement on how I recieved my cards and how my experience with TLA/ESP was.

Shaun
Well put mate

Regardless of how poor the finished product is I don't think the /20 set was a set up by ESP to sell more product.

ESP have had many faults and will continue to but are always improving. The 20 card set was an afterthought after the initial complaints about the predictor set. They only did this to try and save face for a poorly thought out concept.

Lastly, let's not lose sight if the fact that they are only cards, colorful bits of cardboard with footy players on them! First world problems!!!

I get that those who spent up big to put a set together spent up big but that was their choice and the ordinary looking set is unfortunate but that's life!!

Regardless of how poor the finished product is I don't think the /20 set was a set up by ESP to sell more product.

ESP have had many faults and will continue to but are always improving. The 20 card set was an afterthought after the initial complaints about the predictor set. They only did this to try and save face for a poorly thought out concept.

Lastly, let's not lose sight if the fact that they are only cards, colorful bits of cardboard with footy players on them! First world problems!!!

I get that those who spent up big to put a set together spent up big but that was their choice and the ordinary looking set is unfortunate but that's life!!
agree and disagree. I thought I read that @Matt26 said they did do the /20 set to increase sales. I may be wrong.

Look I was always going to get all predictor cards (Im addicted to footy cards lol) but if this was what I knew I was going to receive I would have done what many others predicted and buy them for a much lower price, then have my say and laugh now as you are not missing out on anything. Mind you I did get the 01/20 set.

:(

agree and disagree. I thought I read that @Matt26 said they did do the /20 set to increase sales. I may be wrong.

Look I was always going to get all predictor cards (Im addicted to footy cards lol) but if this was what I knew I was going to receive I would have done what many others predicted and buy them for a much lower price, then have my say and laugh now as you are not missing out on anything. Mind you I did get the 01/20 set.

:(
Shaun, at some stage we all shafted, at least you can say you have the number 1 set.
Next time you may not jump so quick, many of us older collectors jumped on cards when Dynamic came on the seen, we bought up big to get a lot of cards, as we do when have a passion for our hobby. Today we find out that a lot of those cards are worth jack s.
At least you have not snorted it up your nose, peed it down the trough, blown it on gambling, wasted it on fast cars or fast women.
You will GET some return on your investment at some stage.

Yep completely agree........I am just still struggling to understand why people think they should be entitled to more that what was promised in return of the 16 predictors?
I guess we just had higher expectations and feel a little let down. It has been suggested TLA were more concerned with pumping sales than taking care of collectors

If you pay someone to paint your house, and they do a shit job. Yes they still technically did the job, doesn't mean you hire them again.

They had an opportunity to create something special, which yes it's our fault we assumed too much. But they took the cheap option. If we knew they were just going to slightly change the colour of the same cards I doubt any of us would have bothered spending the money.

It's always going to be debatable I guess, but I was expecting a more expensive looking set. I don't feel entitled to more than what was promised. But I don't exactly feel like I got what I thought was promised

Shaun

Better than my words

Remember being a kid (way back in 94), saving your hard earned coins, jumping on the pushie to the corner store to buy cards. And the mind blowing excitement when you pulled a 'gold' card. Best feeling in the world! You just lost your shit at how awesome the universe was.

Checking the mailbox daily the last few weeks I had the same anticipation. Then I got those cards. That's why I'm disapointed. I still like that I have a limited 1 of 20 set (with no hologram, so anyone can print off a set) but they just ain't cool.

I know this is a basketball card,but something like these cards would be much better in the redemption set.
1513849109905-1803254044.jpg

Remember being a kid (way back in 94), saving your hard earned coins, jumping on the pushie to the corner store to buy cards. And the mind blowing excitement when you pulled a 'gold' card. Best feeling in the world! You just lost your s*** at how awesome the universe was.

Checking the mailbox daily the last few weeks I had the same anticipation. Then I got those cards. That's why I'm disapointed. I still like that I have a limited 1 of 20 set (with no hologram, so anyone can print off a set) but they just ain't cool.
check out the marvel set thread.

Its called bait and switch

Bait advertising

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/misleading-claims-advertising/false-or-misleading-claims
Bait advertising takes place when an advertisement promotes certain (usually ‘sale’ prices) on products that are not available or available only in very limited quantities. It is not misleading if the business is upfront in a highly visible, clear and specific manner about the particular product ‘on sale’ being in short supply or on sale for a limited time.

Now read this;

This is the Premiership predictor cards from the 2017 Traders series.
There are 217 per team and all individually numbered.
The winning team predictor cards will allow the card holder to redeem a mini 9 card premiership team set which will be individually numbered as per the predictors.
For those collectors who manage to collect all 16 predictor cards they can claim a gold parallel set of the winning team 9 card set, which will be limited to 20 sets only! These sets will be issued on a first come first served basis.

(on products that are not available or available only in very limited quantities. It is not misleading if the business is upfront in a highly visible, clear and specific manner about)

I can buy anything, but it's proven (via past sales history) that these cards sold at a minimum for $50 to $100, ESP nowhere stated that they would "Punch holes" in the predictors, so on that fact alone they could be liable, many ways to skin a cat and don't think that these collectors are going to put up with what has occurred, I know my rights under consumer law and it will cost them either way, hopefully they correct/rectify the issue when they get back from their xmas break, it will save a lot of "trouble" for myself/others effected and we can get back to enjoying their products to come. :)

How long have you been collecting mate?

Any cards that are sent for redemption are hole punched so the redemption can't be used again. This is a very standard practice.
Brendan, that should only apply to the storm predictor as that is the only winning team and esp said they would collate the numbers on a data base.
Therefore the other predictors should not be whole punched.

Brendan, that should only apply to the storm predictor as that is the only winning team and esp said they would collate the numbers on a data base.
Therefore the other predictors should not be whole punched.

But all 16 are required to claim the gold parallel set so they are all redemptions. Where did they say they would collate the numbers on the database?

Just like when you sent the 16 predictors in for Select, they would hole punch every one.

Back
Top Bottom