League or AFL

What is better, AFL or Rugby League??

• AFL

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Rugby League

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
Yeah I love both, but as a spectator sport AFL is way more fun... though I do get a thrill watching the Dragons steam roll teams (but not when they get steamrolled)....

At least in AFL if your team loses they still might have played well... in League that appears to rarely be the case..... I love both, but I am a Tassie girl... AFL is in my blood.....

I live in QLD where there is not much support for AFL at all. If i didnt have austar i would have to rely on channel 9 & 10's 1-2 games a week...

AFL hands down.....i dont mind NRL but if i had to choose!!

AFL has adopted alot of basketball terms and plays etc. If you don't understand it these days then how do you go with Basketball?

Better than catch with some guys with beer guts and thick necks runing from one end to the other playing keepings off. Really some of them look like they are truck drivers or local D grade players.

Well i go to a school which is obsessed with rugby league many players from the nrl have come from our school so it is hard not to like it when your surrounded by it....

AFL has adopted terms like zone defense, fast break, set plays off kick ins etc etc.

If you watch a game live you will get more of an idea of the space created and how the game is run rather than on TV where you only see a limited view and more one on one matchups etc.

The game has chaged a lot in the last 20 years or so.

lol AFL is similar to basketball think about it afl wear singlets, they bounce the ball, the clock winds down and they have quarters (i think) quite similar in a diff way...

drewjulz said:
.And a scrum please!! 1 guy shoving 2 guys up 3 guys ***holes you dont need skill or brains to play Rugby!
League shouldn't even bother with scrums any more all they do is throw the
ball straight to their side. RU now thats a scrum.

boersy23 your right about soccer, 10X more skill, It really is the world game when you see the crowds at a local darby game in any other part of the world.

Im confused the officials or whoever say that we need to call soccer football and ppl call afl football and nrl is also football *confused*

Soccer is a good game....plenty of skill involved. And Union is also good...more of a kicking game.

But nothing will beat proper footy!!!

nvd001 said:
i'm a little confused at how basketball is supposed to be so similar to AFL :confused: :confused:

Well the tactics employed in what AFL call zone defense, is mostly the same as for a basketball zone defense, except there is more accountability for a player matchup in footy than in ball.

Did you see the Power beat the Swans??? Port's game plan was devised by Phil Smyth (basketball coach), to combat Sydney's techniques.

lil_pharm said:
Im confused the officials or whoever say that we need to call soccer football and ppl call afl football and nrl is also football *confused*

NRL isnt football - the ball isnt kicked enough...same with Gridiron, thats not football

Soccer is the true "football"

Back
Top Bottom