Whats some good TV shows to watch?

House of dragons & cant wait for the final season of cobra Kai next week. They the only shows i''m watching atm
IMO I don't resonate with the characters of house of the dragons as much as GOT. The characters seem to lack depth and the character development isn't quite there. That might be an unpopular opinion hahaha. However in saying that i still have to finish it as i have started it

I cant wait for Cobra Kai either. Just wish they didnt do it in three parts. Only 5 episodes in july, 5 in November and the last in early 2025

I've GOT to agree with you there TBB1983. HoD is just lacking a few things. I actually got bored with it and stopped but I think I need to give it another chance.

I think its largely down to the source material and structure. Fire & Blood is written less as a narrative and more as a historical appendix to flesh out the backstory of A Song of Ice & Fire. And House of the Dragon is drawing mostly from one chapter on that book.

Season 1 felt like an extended prologue, jumping ahead through events, laying the foundations for the larger story they're telling from Season 2 onwards.

You didn't really get this in Game of Thrones, not so much mid-season. You essentially watched the central characters grow and develop into adults, finding their role in the world, while a grand conflict played out around them.

I feel there's also an element of repetition with some of the characters in House of the Dragon; Rhaenyra is Daenerys; Aegon is Joffrey; Cole is Jamie Lannister; Aemond is the Hound; Alicent is Margaery Tyrell. Its not just the role they play or house they represent, there's many parallels in the characterisations and motivations.

Finally the biggest thing missing from House of the Dragon is some levity. Its all so grim and dour. Game of Thrones had characters like Viserys, Bronn and Tyrion providing a little humour to contrast all the betrayal, death and vengeance.

That all said, I am enjoying it.

After that response from laslow. This is now how i picture he would look like. In saying that i agree with his thoughts

I think the hardest shows to find now are the quick and easy 20 odd minute comedy shows. Something you can just throw on and don't need to invest in it mentally. Something i can put on and have a laugh while i sort through my cards. hahaha

I think the hardest shows to find now are the quick and easy 20 odd minute comedy shows. Something you can just throw on and don't need to invest in it mentally. Something i can put on and have a laugh while i sort through my cards. hahaha
agree, to do a full series with multiple seasons (the 10 by 1 hour episodes) the time and energy is a real investment - great and worth it, but still a time consuming exercise
quick and easy is a winner
*arrested development
*always sunny in philly
*curb
all quick and easy to watch and relax

Went in blind with some shows on Amazon, purely on the brief synopsis and cast.

The Devil's Hour
Had no idea where this was headed. Started out like psychological thriller, then felt it was headed in a supernatural direction, but ended up on a high sci-fi philosophical concept.

It works if you don't think too hard about it and start pulling at the threads. Only real knock against it is Nikesh Patel not a great actor, the man can't emote.

The show seems to be in a weird purgatory at the moment. S1 came out in 2022. S2 has apparently been filmed, but so far still no release date, and filming for S3 is apparently under way. Amazon be weird with their programs sometimes.

Wilderness
British production set in the US, and stars another Doctor Who alum, Jenna Coleman. What you thought was going to be a jilted lover revenge story took at turn halfway through, and I don't feel it was entirely successful. Watchable, but didn't grab me. And for some reason Coleman's character is Welsh, and her accent is bizarre and inconsistent. It doesn't serve the story in any way so I don't know why they bothered. Not terrible, watch it if you're running low on something to watch.

The Hour
This one was on Foxtel, but again with the Doctor Who connection as the second season stars Peter Capaldi in a wonderfully understated role. It's over ten years old now, but it was a fantastic watch, crying shame it only got two seasons.

About a fictional current affairs program, newly launched on the BBC in 1956, called The Hour. Portrays the evolution of news media from dry recitation of objective fact, to the presentation investigative exposes, and how the show clashes with law enforcement, government and the criminal underworld, and scandals of their own. Does feature some familiar tropes (post-war London, racism, women in the workforce) but it felt authentic rather than preachy. Just a well written, well performed drama.

I watched the first episode of the Rings of Power, but it only reminded me why I have never, ever, rewatched the Lord of the Rings moves.