Sandown Card Fair

pineneedlebeetle

OzCardTrader
Feedback - 100%
27   0   0
Hi all,

Thanks to the hawk-eye of Dan I was able to pick up a few gems at Sandown.
The best for me was the Brian Lara 375 card from Futera 1996 numbered 40/375.
Also picked up a blue 1996 Futera cash card.
It was also good to catch up with John and have a cuppa, talk about what we had found and decide that the 300 m queue was worthwhile. Great to catch up with ozcard folks and put a face to a name.
=D>
Regards Russell

Lara front 001.jpg

Lara Back 001.jpg

Thanks Brad,

if you hear of any more Red Cash Cards let me know.
I am wrapped with the Lara 375 card and would have missed it if not for Dan.

Regards Russell

Love that Lara card mate :thumbsup:

Anyone know what the deal is with them?? In the Futera File, it lists them under the 'Decider' series, but all it says is that there are 13 SAMPLE cards. So where were the 375 found then?? Were they in packs or boxes or what :confused:

My understanding is the Laras were meant to be a redemption card in the Decider series however for some reason they were neve inserted in any packs - they seemed to pop up after Futera folded. I know Wang had a few and for a while he seemed to be the only source for them. I will try and find out more about this card.

I reckon Wang at a dinner party with a bottle of red under his belt would be able to tell some very interesting stories about the demise of Futera...

Yeh it was a great day and was great to catch up with the OCT Guys! Happy to help Russ, i got a buzz out of finding it and knowing you got it!!

Hi all,

I followed up on the thread and emailed Futera with a query and below is the response.
At least this will encourage some research into the release of the card.
I will advise of any update
regards Russell

Sent: Wednesday, 30 June 2010 5:58 AM
To: 'Janine'
Subject: RE: Brian Lara Futera 1996

Hi, there – we have received the following reply about the Cricket card you were asking about. Whilst it appears we can’t give much detail about this collection at the current time it would be included in our research in order to publish a comprehensive Futera portfolio of historic releases at some point hopefully later in the year.

Best regards,
Adriana

Hi Russell

The Futera Brian Lara Cricket card from 1996 is a card dating beyond the official Futera website published Checklists, and which dates cards from 1997. We are currently working on Checklist of all Futera releases beginning from the inaugural release in 1989. I am sorry that at the present time we cannot be of more help.

Thank you for your interest in Futera cards.

Sent: 29 June 2010 15:52
To: info@futera.com
Subject: Brian Lara Futera 1996
Importance: High

Hello,

I recently picked up a Brian Lara 1996 Futera card 40/375.
I can’t find it on your list.
Can you provide any info on this card please.
OZCARDTRADER forum is also interested in the result

Regards Russell Patten

I guess it should be expected that old Futera are up to the same old tricks!! Its a sweet looking card anyways - would look great signed I'd imagine.

Back
Top Bottom