PSA Grading Win

That’s a good win. It’s a nice card with KG actually smiling. A bit different to the snarling/determination/angriness you see in his other cards hahaha. They should have made a card with his face on a box of honey nut cheerios

I hear you on hulking, always frustrating when it occurs. A great looking card.

However, just to play Devil's advocate, I would say this is a grading loss in the big scheme of things.

Does it not just invalidate the while process if you can get different grades for the exact same card?

I think it depends on the grader. We had a card that came back an 8 sent it back and it came back a 10. We have also had cards that got totally mangled in the grading process and came back with creases or damaged in some way. While psa is the leading grading company they certainly have quite a few issues

Until they go fully AI grading we just have to put up with the fact that the human factors could sway the grade a point each way. I’m fine with it for now and to my eye I was like how the f did this get an 8 and wanted to send back in

Completely agree with what you guys are saying.

I guess that is why I have always been turned off grading.

I struggle with the concept of paying money to get the opinion of some random person who may or may not have the same opinion as the next guy. I know what I like and don't need someone else to tell me that or some number to validate it!

But each to their own of course.

When I came back to collecting I couldn’t understand why people graded - I could have made so much money doing so though - it was so cheap back then - grading the vintage cards around it even my cards I didn’t want then selling would’ve covered the cost of boxes to break - I should’ve done it 10 years ago. Oh well.

The main issue I like is long term protection - especially from UV damage for some cards — and the fact I like some cards feeling more special - like putting art in a frame. Sits better on the shelf or near the computer then I can put it away for a while. I used to rotate cards as to what one would sit near my computer for a week.

Dang, the true OG of rookie cards there - hoep he does soemthing notable with his career! heh heh

KG rookie looks pretty clean to me - corners and centering are my main two priorities. Wasn't there evidence of hulking occuring to cards even when slabbed though? I.e. it's an inevitable process and end result? I guess the newer slabs have better UV protection these days?

Greening before grading, green after put in the slab, greening in the safe/dark, no green still after being displayed - it’s an absolute mystery mate and luck if the draw. The best guess is it came down to certain excess of a chemical/material in each card which could affect it over time. So luck of the draw.

yeah hulking will likely happen regardless. all of my cards are in sleeves and dont see the sun at all. sitting in their binders out of the sun and pretty much all of them have hulked up. wont matter if its in a slab, but those that arent green now likely wont go green in the future, regardless of how much sunscreen you put on them.

Pulled this card from a pack close to 30 years ago and still have it. It was my biggest pull at the time.