NRL TTM autograph successes.

Makes the heart sing this stuff. I always assumed you had to be at the ground to get a signature or know someone who knows a retired player.

Great stuff!

Received back cards I sent to Joseph Tapine unsigned with a letter from the Raiders saying that don’t accept items for signing. It also said if I want an autograph to become a member and attend a fan day.

Ah well you win some you lose some.
Have you had any ones where you don't get a reply and the cards are gone?

Have you had any ones where you don't get a reply and the cards are gone?
It can happen. I only ever send cards I’m willing to lose. My success rate would be around 80-85%.

I sent one request out and got it back 4 years later with all cards signed.

It’s an interesting hobby. I’ve got a few out at the moment that I sent earlier this year, I’m hoping come end of season the players might have time to reply.

It's pretty awesome what you do. Must also be a good feeling when they answer the questionnaire.

There's one guy I would love to get an IP signature for and that's the surfer Kelly Slater. I used to buy 1994 Hot Surf cards at the same time as I was buying the 1994 Dynamic League cards. He doesn't have any licensed autos I know of and he's an absolute legend of surfing.

Not sure how I would go about finding out where to send the cards or if that's even possible. They fetch $500 so I can't imagine that he signs a ton. I would love to get him to sign the three cards he has in 1994 Hot Surf. That would be a grail chase for me I guess.

With Rugby League it would probably be Wallly Lewis.

Good stuff and good luck with it.

Yes, the questionnaires are really cool. I keep them in a separate folder.

I sent to Kelly Slater years ago and never got a return, he’s notorious for avoiding signing. Best bet for him is a paid event.

Wally Lewis is a good signer, I got him via channel 9
A fair few years ago.

Kelly Slater does have a couple of autos out there....not many but he does have some....

Also saw this one as well......

Wow. I thought maybe Upper Deck might have one but I've never seen it. Sport Kings not familiar with but that patch auto is crazy. Those licensed ones would fetch a nice premium.

The last one is what I'd hope to get. He has three cards in that product. Would be nice to get him to sign those and send them off to PSA to get slabbed. I also have the 1993 Hot surf one. There's no way I could line up with a pile of grommets hoping to catch him at Margaret River - I think he'd done now anyway - so perhaps there is some way you can send off cards to him.

Thanks for doing that. Awesome.

I thought that might be the case with Slater. His in person autos go for $500 plus if they have been authenticated.. Looks like I should've stalked him down at Margarets in April.

Thanks for the info!

Two returns today.

Laurie Daley. Signed 2/2. I sent these out at the end of last season. I was surprised to get them back with the postage increases.

Reece Walsh. Signed 3/3. Sent out 14/07- returned 16/09.

With the season winding down, I was losing hope of anymore returns for the season. Was about to concentrate on cricket requests.