NBA 2024-25 season thread - SPOILERS

IMG_8247.jpeg

Interesting trade. Man, the Knicks are going to be expensive this year (and into the foreseeable future...).

I've only read up a little on the proposed trade but the excitement from Knicks media because Towns is a "true centre" and his "improved defense" and rim protection is pretty funny. Sure, he's tall so Thibbs will be happier playing him at centre than he would Randle, but come on, no one is deciding not to attack the rim because he is standing there...

Also the spin that Towns is under contract for four years and that's a good thing, is interesting. Good luck paying him 60mill per year.

It really feels like NY should have found a way to move Randle earlier into someone's cap space and resigned Hartenstein.

Having said that, I like the deal even less for Minnesota! It's hard to see how Randle fits smoothly in a team that already struggled for outside shooting and ball movement.

Interesting trade. Man, the Knicks are going to be expensive this year (and into the foreseeable future...).

I've only read up a little on the proposed trade but the excitement from Knicks media because Towns is a "true centre" and his "improved defense" and rim protection is pretty funny. Sure, he's tall so Thibbs will be happier playing him at centre than he would Randle, but come on, no one is deciding not to attack the rim because he is standing there...

Also the spin that Towns is under contract for four years and that's a good thing, is interesting. Good luck paying him 60mill per year.

It really feels like NY should have found a way to move Randle earlier into someone's cap space and resigned Hartenstein.

Having said that, I like the deal even less for Minnesota! It's hard to see how Randle fits smoothly in a team that already struggled for outside shooting and ball movement.

Totally agree with everything here. I’ve not been a fan of Towns really ever. He’s had a tough go the last few years losing family during Covid though, he’s not the greatest shooting big man ever as he has said.

Weird fits all around. It looks like it just had to be done and that was the best on offer for both sides at this time.

Thought Knicks would have learned a lesson having been involved with signing Brunson after a team refused to pay him. Then let Hartenstein go. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom