Future Hall of Famers

Dodgydave

OzCardTrader
Feedback - 100%
5   0   0
I keep folders with my cards of current Hall of Famers as well as guys I think are likely to get the call/make the cut in the future, whether they are retired or still current players.

I figured I would see what other people's opinions were on some of the guys I currently have in the folder and maybe some I should add (or remove!). I would also love some feedback on the young guys who you think are deserving of inclusion, even if we can all agree they are in no way sure things.

I have mocked up a list of those I have in the folder and ordered them into rough groups with a little commentary.

Sure things
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Steph Curry
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Dwight Howard
Carmelo Anthony

More likely than not
Anthony Davis
Damian Lillard
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Nikola Jokic
Paul George
Kawhai Leonard
Rudy Gobert (not the most popular name but I can't see 4xDPoY awards not getting him in)
Kyrie Irving (I don't really like it, but figure he will make the cut when it is all said in done. Feel free to tell me why not!)

Probably making it...
Draymond Green
Klay Thompson (I think Green is much more likely. I think Thompson is a bit over-rated, but all the titles likely get him there.)
Joel Embiid (Great stats, an MVP, but really needs to add a bit of longevity.)
DeMar DeRozan (He's not who I think of as a Hall of Famer but 23k points and counting gets you in.)
Kyle Lowry (Again, not a first thought Hall of Famer, but, in his case 111 win shares usually gets you there.)
Jimmy Butler (Lots of win shares, probably over-rated playoff reputation help him out. Like Embiid, needs to add some longevity to push closer to 20k points to lockdown a spot.)

Interesting arguments...
Shawn Marion
Amare Stoudamire (A great pair of contrasting team mates. Do you value a short peak of offensive dominance and terrible defense or a long career of solid offensive and high/elite defense?)
Kevin Love (I am a Love apologist and think he massively sacrificed career numbers in moving to Cleveland to be the third wheel. Much like Chris Bosh — though not as good — I think he shouldn't be overlooked.)
Blake Griffin (I wouldn't put him in as I think more style than substance and doesn't have career longevity to get his counting stats up. But, he got buckets and dunked a lot so he will get consideration.)
LaMarcus Aldridge (115 win shares and 20k points. I would say that has to get him in, but he doesn't feel like a Hall of Famer...)
Joe Johnson (You say no, I say no. Traditionally 20k points has said yes...)
Rajon Rondo (He's a no, but there are guys with worse resumes in there.)
Ricky Rubio (His NBA career is a no and could be called a disappointment. But he's a European legend and its the "Basketball Hall of Fame" so I think he is an interesting case.)
Derrick Rose (I wouldn't put him in, but he has an MVP, so even if he doesn't make it I will probably keep him in the folder.)
Mark Price (I only threw him in, because if you think Klay Thompson is a Hall of Famer, compare his career and All NBA/MVP shares to Price...)

In the folder but should probably be removed
Kristaps Porzingis
Karl Anthony Towns

They're young but are definitely make it (fingers crossed)
Luka Doncic
Jayson Tatum

They're young and on the right track
Devin Booker
Donovan Mitchell
Trae Young
Shai Gilgeous-Aexander
Bam Adebayo

More work to do but can get there
Jaylen Brown
De'Aaron Fox
Zion Williamson
Ja Morant

Way too young but we have to put some guys in here...
Anthony Edwards
Cade Cunningham
LeMelo Ball
Scottie Barnes
Alperen Sengun (sue me, I want a Rocket on here...)
Paolo Banchero
Chet Holmgren

That's a lot of names — now tell me how wrong I am!

Who do I need to add?
Who do I need to remove?