Are you opening less sealed boxes/product?

Are you opening less sealed products?

• Total voters

GarnettFan4Life

OZCT Supporter
Feedback - 100%
1260   0   0
Could be since last year or prior to covid or whenever. Just feels like to me there's less box breaks.

Could be a few factors I thought - terrible value for money, rather put into sets/singles and grading or even when it is broken what you get is embarassing to show/can't be bothered posting.

Let us know!

Breakers being able to pass on any purchase prices to the participants in their break has made it unviable to bust personal packs and breaks these days. It sucks. I used to bust up to 20 boxes a year for fun and havent even busted a pack in 3-4 years.
My son watches breaks and gets excited at some of the cards the hit (even Wemby sometimes) and then I tell him to look up the comp and the best hits is less than 5% of the product cost. Imagine buying a box, hitting a Wemby and it being worth less than the box price? that never happened 5+ years ago.
I really miss the feeling but it makes zero financial sense

I have not been a big sealed wax buyer for over a decade. I have bought exactly one blaster of 23-24 sealed product and since I was able to hit a Wembenyama RC that will be all I buy.

I have steered clear of sealed product for all the reasons mentioned above and also because I find the vast majority of what Panini release to be repetitive and uninspiring.

I don't even buy to hold anymore. There is no point.

Minimum buy in looks to be 600+ and for that, i can nearly get a sick Curry or HOF I want.

It took me years, but i am finally doing the hobby right. Saving to buy great singles and not breaking or buying sealed.

Back
Top Bottom