All the way from the USA...

Reignman40

OzCardTrader
Feedback - 100%
76   0   0
Got another little lot of cards through from Comc whilst I was away so I thought I would shared. Also a completion of a long time chase will come up at the end.

Ok lets start with some non PC items. Picked up this little beauty just because it was an interesting card. It is a remake from the 1996 Topps Stars set of the iconic Bird/Erving/Magic RC. Looks cool in hand.
bird-magic-erving 001.jpg

Ok, on to some PC stuff. Loosely fitting in is the 2 rookie cards from 1986/87. I have always loved these 2 guys, especially as they are ex sonics players and great role players from around the league.
comc mail fleer rcs 001.jpg

Then we have a little mini PC I have been playing with also. Another rookie from the Mavericks, Shane Larkin shares a few similarities to Jared Cunningham early on in his career. Larkin also happens to share a birthday with my wife (not year wise, just date, love when there is a connection with a player) so here is a nice little start.
comc mail larkin 001.jpg

Next comes a couple of "gap fillers" for the Jared Cunningham PC. This PC has slowed a little of late, but these 2 surprisingly I didn't have.
comc mail jc 001.jpg

Lets move into some of the Sonics stuff now. Firstly for the Kemp PC we have these 3 beauties. Included in this lot is the last base card I needed to have every Kemp mainstream base card in a Sonics uniform from his rookie year till the end of the 96/97 season, the EX-2000 base card (top right).
comc mail kemp 001.jpg
Speaking of Sonics, a nice little addition to the Sonics auto PC of a guy who some who actually know my real name will get the connection. There are some in the collecting community who jokingly call me Dale. This guy was a gun from beyond the arc and a nice Sonics auto to boot.
comc mail ellis 001.jpg

Now onto some Prizm niceness. Firstly here is some Schrempf and Payton Prizm cards.
comc mail sonics prizm 001.jpg

Then onto another little side project of late, the Sam Perkins Prizm Rainbow. I have them all now except the easiest and the hardest ones but these ones fill the gaps in the middle. When placed together in hand, it is the age old saying "they look beautiful in hand".
comc mail Perkins 001.jpg

And lastly, not from comc, but this extra mail day was one I have been chasing for a while. Cast your minds back some of you old time collectors, back to the days of Multiple sets from different companies. Remember chasing your PC player through such sets as Collectors Choice and Hoops, through Fleer and Upper Deck and right to the top of Finest and alike? Well as some may remember, I PC Brent Barry and have put the call out on some occaisions for this lovely card. This was the only card I needed to own every listed mainstream RC of Brent Barry, and thanks to Burbank (my memory was jogged after reading the story on here) I picked up this 1996-97 SP Championship RC. So happy was I to see it on ebay, I paid the extra postage to send it straight to Australia as I had already sent my comc. I can now proudly say that of all my 4 main PC players (Kemp, Payton, Barry and Cunningham) I own every listed rookie card.
barry sp championship rc 001.jpg

Thanks for looking folks.

very nice effort on the RC's Dale, well done! good little haul there!
I knew you would get the joke with Dale! Thanks mate
Nice COMC haul mate, Ellis auto aint bad!
Thanks. The Ellis looks super cool next to my Lenny Wilens GS auto.
the perkins prizm does look pretty sweet, always digging anything gold standard :)
Thanks. Gold Standard is a lovely product and the Perkins rainbow does look sweet together!
Nice additions mate. I especially love the X-man Fleer rc!
Cheers. X-Man was another favorite of mine in the Sonics. Such a shame he had to go to make way for Kemp.
Top effort with the gathering of all of the rookie cards of your pc players
Cheers. I have always been a fan of the RC. Such underrated chases in this day and age.
Great pickups. My favourite is the same as your last mail day, the story which goes along with the cards.
Cheers. I always like to share what drives my collections instead of just showing the pictures. To me, every PC has a story.
Awesome additions.
Cheers mate. I try

Nice work on the RCs - my bro and I used to call Dale Ellis 'Brick Face'. But damn - the brick face could shoot!

Nice Prizms! Does anyone know the story behind the Mosaic parallel that is reversed (blue, white, red)?

1) the new ones are pulsars, not mosaics
2) only available in retail monster boxes
3) there are 100 cards in the checklist (opposed to 297)
4) the 100 players are essentially superstars & rookies only

Thank you for the info! I've got the Isiah Thomas Pulsar on it's way. Funny, I couldn't find it listed on Beckett's site.

Back
Top Bottom