2024 Elite NRL Official Thread

What's the go with the crazy price? You'd think they'd want to entice people in given this is essentially an experiment/toe in the water/possible start of a fledgling market. Elite would flop here if the only option was a $600 box.

I agree.....have no issues with them trying a new market but id have thought a lower end release like Rivalry or even Traders would have made more sense and made access to the cards more appealing to new US collectors.

I just don't imagine too many people going to the National and thinking instead of buying Wemby/Jordan/Brady/Gretzky/Lebron cards etc that they will instead put down $350 USD on a box of cards of a product and sport they know nothing about?

I hope its a huge success for TLA/TGI over there (have been told they have staff on site there this week) but i think it would have been more beneficial to do a lower end release over there as an introductory product and make Elite here in Australia an even better product.

Tricky, I know they wanted to do a release at the annual show.
Wouldn't it have been better to have the release to coincide with the Vegas games ?
Think it was a matter of timing. They may not have had enough time to get something out in time for Vegas. If American Elite isn't a complete flop I could see them doing an American Traders for 2025 that'll be out by Round 1

Big time dealers spend Big Time dollars at the National - CardsHQ spent over $100K on inventory on the first day, CardCollector 2 spent over $20,000 before the thing even opened.

If our cards are ever going to take off over there, they need to start it at the National.

People save all year for it and their wallets are open.

I reckon the major dealer in AU and Diggaz will get the redistributed stock. Problem is people might baulk at the cost per box price. I reckon 4 grand plus for a case of US Elite.
Hopefully all dealers get a chance to purchase some of it. Wishful thinking that TLA will be fair but can only hope. Also I can’t understand the cost of the US. How can they justify that price? Can’t see where the extra expenses would be to justify it unless they plan on not many in the US buying it because of that so they can sell it back in Oz. As long as it’s shared around that’s fine but I can’t see it happening fairly.

No boxes were even there at the show. Pretty weird for trying to “promote” a product to a new market. It all has a goldfields type scam feeling to this whole US launch.

Starting with what is the best and less release for the US market is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read.

Starting with what is the best and less release for the US market is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read.

So to introduce new customers to a brand new sport into a huge sports market with a cheap and accessible type product is one of the dumbest statements you have ever read?

Lets give them their $350 USD boxes instead!!! You need to get out and get some sunshine!

I guess companies like Topps/Panini et al that kick off their collecting years with their low end releases aimed at long time collectors and getting younger kids into the marketplace with entry level products & retail really must also be dumb?

Hence why I also said Traders as well.......you print some extra in November when you are doing Traders and launch the packs of it at the Vegas games in March when Traders releases anyway?

Was having a chat to someone who grabbed some free 2024 Elite promos at the national and they confirmed that TLA did not have any stock there of the US Product and advised that it was due to it not being released as yet. Had to be ordered online through Leaf.

Did they have all teams promo cards? I have heard they only had Tigers and Panthers at the show for some reason. I have since seen a Raiders one, so I would assume they did one for each team like they have done with all other releases.

Did they have all teams promo cards? I have heard they only had Tigers and Panthers at the show for some reason. I have since seen a Raiders one, so I would assume they did one for each team like they have done with all other releases.

Have seen -

Panthers - To'o
Raiders - Fogarty
Storm - Hughes
Bulldogs - Preston
Knights - Best
Eels - Moses
Dragons - Lomax
Roosters - Tedesco
Sharks - Mcinnes
Tigers - Koroisau
Warriors - DWZ