2012-13 Absolute Heroes Bill Russell/Magic Johnson/Grant Hill

Trevorjs84

OzCardTrader
Feedback - 100%
111   0   0
Another Addition, just thought I would add it on the same thread beside adding another one, gettingcloser.
36/50, getting difficult now hahaha. Missed a Julius Erving on Ebay as the price just kept climbing and climbing. 72%
I know 4 other people trying to complete this set so hence the reason this is getting difficult now.

Cheers for looking at these three autos

The one that almost got away
Magic Johnson, thanks Drob50 for this card, great addition to helping me complete the set.
Waiting on Grant Hill to come in so should be this week.

took over 4 weeks to get to Perth to Sydney (Plus delivered on a sunday, clearly wrong letter box delivery)

Enjoy

Hi,
Seen this auto on Ebay for quiet some time, I know there has been some comments around it if it is fake or not. I decided to bite the bullet and get it anyway.
Card looks authentic, just the auto doesn't look the best. I assume the pen started dying when Bill Russell took control of it, I don't have another Bill Russell red auto to compare it to so I am unsure what they look like, would like to know.
Either way the card looks good and apart from the ink running out the card looks relatively good.

Let me know your thoughts.
Still goes towards finishing my collection.

Last edited:
So wait...... people are saying that it is MORE likely that someone got the Bill Russell red auto and rubbed it off and re signed a fake auto than it just being a marker problem???

I don't see why people think its fake at all man!

Nice pickup!!

Great pick up! Love it Looks 100% legit to me, just a shoddy pen! I'm guessing the card surface is glossy? Not uncommon for the sharpie to bubble and pool a little on a glossy card. Case in point on the glossy sections of these cards of mine:

I love the red ink autos shame about the pen, but definitely think its legit especially as it was the first 5 they signed in red so all things point to real imo! Good to see the set is still moving forward!

Yeah there was a few comment on another card trader forum, I have no reason to think it is fake as it looks real. Not sure if anyone would rub it off and try it again, hahaha. Does look awesome in hand, it is now one of my favourite from that set.

Thanks Ben for showing that, that helps me out a lot, I think it is due to the glossy nature of this card.

best auto set ever!!!!! and the red to sweet pick up, how many cards in set mate?

Card looks legit to me - just a dodgy pen. Surely one of the harder / pricier cards to get in the chase.

50 in the set, think I am at 35 of 50. Getting to the tricky end of the set. Especially Yao Ming, haven't seen his come up for over 18 months
See how we go
well done mate whats the shortest print? i will keep my eyes out for you.

well done mate whats the shortest print? i will keep my eyes out for you.
They are number /25, /49 and /99 but the red signatures are a short print only the first 5 are red ink.

yeah I have a wantlist so still missing a few. Got the grant hill incoming as we speak.